Backup up projects....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup up projects....

Ok.. So I've been exporting a project which creates a zip file. Then I've been creating a brand new project (naming it backup%date%) then copying all modules to that project. This way if I screw something up I can get the module back without going through the zip. If you have a zip file (from export), how do you restore that? Does that restore everything you need for a project?

I guess the bottom line is this: Copying to a new project is the easiest way? BTW I'm copying all of my backups to my web server and 1tb external drive.

I PREACH backups to my clients, I just need to make sure I'm getting EVERYTHING in case of disaster.

So my question is this: how do you backup your projects?

Thanks...
    Pappy
    Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

From the export you can not restore the original. You need backup it using the backup in the settings.

Comment

does that backup every project?

Originally posted by rr View Post
      From the export you can not restore the original. You need backup it using the backup in the settings.
      Thanks for the reply RR, but I'm a bit confused on what is backed up when you run the backup. It seems to have backed up all projects, not the
      one I was logged in to.

thanks..
      Pappy
      Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

Comment

There are several ways (as useual). The most drastic way (and I do that when I have a new SC version and want to be able to revert) is to a full backup of the full Scriptcase directory so that I can restore full if necessary. then you can go to the options and create a backup. this one is maintained within SC itself and you can revert back from a backup. Finally you can export and import. This is more on a project level.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

You can also Perform a Partial Backup in this option you can select what you want to backup.

Comment

I don't use hard drive. Last time I use hard drive but its crash and lost all my data. My friend suggest me a Ahsay Backup solution. Now I use Ahsay Software for my backup. It is a best backup software and very fast, secure and easy.

Comment

Working...
            X