CONNECTION RESET Error - URGENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONNECTION RESET Error - URGENT

When I try to deploy or build SC Lib for deployment I get an error.
    The browser says:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried to reinstall browser (F-Fox), resintalled SC and still get the same error. I'm completely stuck. I cannot use the program at all. Tried to contact Tech Support but they are slower than turtles, and they do not even bother to read my posts carefully, so no solution from NetMake.

Any ideas ?

Arthur
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Is the database connection actually working? You should check that first.
    Assuming you are running under windows you could restart your ApacheScriptcase service. There is not enough info to see what is going wrong...

Comment

I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix it, especially I need my existing project updated on the web and because of that I'm already a week behind. I have done some research on internet, and did some browser maintenance, but so far no luck.
      One thing which is different general PC setup si KASPERSKY antivirus software. I tried to disable it completely to see if this could be the cause, but even with KASPERSKY disabled completely I was getting same errors. I hate to uninstally it completely to test if this could help, but that's the lst think I can think of.

Customer support just ignores my problem. They do not even bother to respond (or perhaps have no clue) :-(

It seems the problem is rather related to SC (or OS) not to the browser, because I get errors in FFox as well as in Chrome. I tried to restart SC webserver, but no luck.

The project database has nothing to do with the problem because no matter what project I open, I get similar errors (some use MySQL, some SQLite connections and all on localhost). I also have no problem running the Apps locally, it all works. The problem apears when I try to take other actions:
      - runing on-line backup
      - deploying (in this case SC generates the ZIP file, but when I try do download the ZIp I get error)
      - generating ZIP'ed LIBs (when generating LIBs I have ZIP file created but then when I try to download I get the same error).
      - Exporting Project generates Error as well (however import works fine)

Arthur
      Arthur Klisiewicz
      dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Still unresolved

OK, I decided to remove KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY and if partially help with the problem only. The error dissapeared from few places, but still when I try to generate global deployment (ZIP) file I get the same ugly error: "Coccection To The Server was Reset"

I wass hoping this is antivirus causing the problems but it is not. My Project is pretty big and I wonder if the number of Apps can have something to do with it. I increased memory limit in PHP.INI to 2048, but it seems it did not help.

Any ideas ?

Arthur
        Last edited by aka; 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM.
        Arthur Klisiewicz
        dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

UPDATE: removing antivirust only helped partially and I still have the problem when trying to download production files. :-(
          Arthur Klisiewicz
          dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

did you edit your try altering your apache config and php ini file to increase some timeout settings? I recall I did that (dont recall exactly where anymore tho) to avoid it aborting.

Comment

I did not, and I'm not Apache guy so it would be like blind shoot. I will take a look at Apache setting though.
              What I noticed is then even if I create a deployment set for only one App SC chokes on it. I tried to reinstall browser (however it happens on 3 browsers so I do not think this is a browser issue). The wired thing is that this error happens now when I try do download generated file. I was able to locate generated ZIP to upload it manually to the server, however I cannot locate the zipped Libs (so at least I can do it all by hand).

I was hoping to arrange some remote troubleshooting by SC Tech Support, but those people support people are slower than turtles. They ask me to login remotely to my PC but they have no access to Skype, and will not share the phone. So this is like: Hey! Keep your PC open for me and sit by the computer all day (for the next few days) so we will take a look at some time. When I talk/write to support I have to take a pill to calm me down or I would probably destroy my PC.

Anyway,.. Thank for the suggestion.

Arthur
              Arthur Klisiewicz
              dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

I assume you are running some windows server, but which one? If so maybe then maybe there is something in your system logs (he said hopefully).

Comment

I think I stated clearly I'm not running SC on LAN, or any type of server. It is running on a single PC, Winx/XP-SP3. Nothing fancy.

I noticed this error happens only when I click to download. SC generates Deployment files, but when I click to download ZIPed file the Error pups up.
                  I aslo changes some Apache settings and PHP.INI setting (looking at some suggestions on the net) but it did not help.

Arthur
                  Arthur Klisiewicz
                  dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Maybe due to the maximum numbers of concurrent tcpip connections for windows xp sp3. That is known to cause strage behaviour.
                    Check if you have EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts. in your logs.
                    If so then patch your tcpip..

Comment

Working...
                    X