Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manipulating field positions on a form....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manipulating field positions on a form....

I've got a form, one of the blocks has 3 fields. I need to tighten up the field positions, I've tried playing around with number of fields in a block, putting fake fields in the block.
    There has got to be an easier way... Basically I want them side by side, without the spacing in between. Header on top, with field below. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've attached a copy of the block.

TIA for any help...
    Pappy

group.jpg
    Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

I must admit that I have tried a lot to get a form more customized to my own standards, however it simply is a burdon. But - on the other hand - one of the strong points is that you don't have to do that. But a few more parameters to influence the generating process would be welcome.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

thanks..

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      I must admit that I have tried a lot to get a form more customized to my own standards, however it simply is a burdon. But - on the other hand - one of the strong points is that you don't have to do that. But a few more parameters to influence the generating process would be welcome.
      thanks as always... you are always helpful and I really do appreciate it. Yeah as you have seen by my previous post, my main complaint against sc is the look and feel of grids, forms, etc.. There has got to be a better way to format screens... Others have replied to my post that it doesn't matter, the correct data is everything. But I just lost a major client because of the "look and feel". I hope it gets better...

thanks..
      Pappy
      Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

Comment

Originally posted by pappy View Post
        thanks as always... you are always helpful and I really do appreciate it. Yeah as you have seen by my previous post, my main complaint against sc is the look and feel of grids, forms, etc.. There has got to be a better way to format screens... Others have replied to my post that it doesn't matter, the correct data is everything. But I just lost a major client because of the "look and feel". I hope it gets better...

thanks..
        Pappy
        mmm, it's not nice loosing customers because of the look-and-feel. Actually I do have a lot of wishes but in general I don't think that the look-and-feel is bad. If you want to be able to fully control the lay-out you need to work with smarty or similar libs. But the consequences are that you need more time. The main costs of creating applications is development time. As soon as the customer needs more customisations it will reflect on the amount of time needed. Then you might loose the customer because the price becomes too high. I have had issues with customers who required things to look differently, but they came back to me because I could deliver in a much shorter time than the competition and thus cheaper. They accepted the negative side as money is important. But I keep my point, some more options to influence the look-and-feel would be welcome.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

only with a own theme for every block is a big step

Comment

Working...
          X