how to create application for a blog or a forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create application for a blog or a forum

any application in scriptcase to insert a forum or a blog or an announcement page?
    Last edited by kunjan; 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM. Reason: blog,announcement, forum or discussion page is very important, how to create in scriptcase?

Not sure what you mean. In general you can create these with scriptcase, but the fact that scriptcase is using an open-source cms etc. has a reason. Why build in scriptcase while there are tons of good working open-source apps out there. But perhaps I misunderstand.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Not sure what you mean. In general you can create these with scriptcase, but the fact that scriptcase is using an open-source cms etc. has a reason. Why build in scriptcase while there are tons of good working open-source apps out there. But perhaps I misunderstand.
      thanks for reply, as my entire site is already in scriptcase, might as well make the blog/forum page also in scriptcase. but the only way i feel is using a blank application and coding blog manually (getting code to make a blog, from the net). I dont think scriptcase can help make a blog/forum page. right?

Comment

Actually I don't see why you shouldn't be able to create a forum/blog page with scriptcase. In a lot of my applications I use the in-build tinyMCE editor to let my users add some html to their pages.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

have you looked at the news sample system from Scriptcase? it is very near to what you require.
          We are Developing your Future Business Requirement right now with Scriptcase.
          www.sri.com.au & www.madikonda.com

Comment

Originally posted by kunjan View Post

thanks for reply, as my entire site is already in scriptcase, might as well make the blog/forum page also in scriptcase. but the only way i feel is using a blank application and coding blog manually (getting code to make a blog, from the net). I dont think scriptcase can help make a blog/forum page. right?
            You can, but in SC way. SC is not a tool to create a Website, is a tool to create Web Applications. You can create a blog/forum, of course, but it's not worth IMHO all the job needed. The way to go is to adapt with Grids+Forms and Free templates, or go with Blank way. As suggested, I go with specific tools for this (Joomla,WP,Drupal etc...)
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

thanks all. ya, news application wont help, as visitors cannot write anything. also tinyMCE doesnt seem exactly for a blog. (but its workable i guess). i am trying blank application and coding manually.

Comment

Working...
              X