Is this even possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this even possible?

I'm new to Scriptcase and PHP. So I don't even know if this is possible. I'm hoping someone in the forum can either help me figure this out or just tell it's not possible so I can go a different route.

I have a form with numerous panels on it. One of the panels needs to contain links to documents that have been uploaded. There will only ever be 2 documents listed and they both are document filename types on table. The upload works perfectly. However, I need a few only version of the form where someone can only click on the link to download the document and not see the 'choose file' or 'delete' options. Ideally I just want 2 links there with the file type graphic if possible.

So, is it possible in Scriptcase to somehow hide those parts of the control OR just put 2 document links into the panel? I've received several suggestions of using a grid but it doesn't work well in this form. I just need to links. That's all. And if the solution is hacking the generated PHP to remove the 'chose file' and 'delete' pieces I'm totally fine with that. I've included a screen shot of this section of the form so you can see what I'm trying to do layout wise.

Thanks!

Ted
    Attached Files

One option might be to use a grid. As this integrates badly in your panels you could consider using containers. Of course you can always create a label field and add your own html to it allowing the user to download. You only have to apply the correct location of the file.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks Albert. I think the label field with my own HTML is a great idea. If my filename was stored in a fields called ucdocument and the subfolder it was in was based on a field on the same record called id, how what would the HTML look like? Lets say I wanted it to say "Click here to download UCC docment". I feel like I should pay you for all the help you have given me thus far. I greatly appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks Ted

Comment

Originally posted by friscoted1125 View Post
        Thanks Albert. I think the label field with my own HTML is a great idea. If my filename was stored in a fields called ucdocument and the subfolder it was in was based on a field on the same record called id, how what would the HTML look like? Lets say I wanted it to say "Click here to download UCC docment". I feel like I should pay you for all the help you have given me thus far. I greatly appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks Ted

Well you have your upload location set to a certain spot (deploy advanced than you are in control). The filename is stored in the database so the full path would be:

$fullpath=$mydefaultdownloadfolder.'/'.{filename};

then for download you can just use a hyperlink to that

<a href = "$fullpath">Click here...</a>

Another way is that you use a blank application to control the html header for download.
        Of course you need to set the $mydefaultdownloadfolder to the right download path yourself, although there must be some default global var for that.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks Albert. I'll give that a try right now! As always I really do appreciate your timely responses.

Ted

Comment

Working...
          X