Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will not respond any more to PM's... Sorry....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will not respond any more to PM's... Sorry....

In the past years I have tried to help as many users as I could here on the forum and my intention is to keep it that way. I know much but not all, so sometimes questions are not being answered by me. I'm not a javascript guru, don't do much with pdf's and there are other flaws in my knowledge. So if I don't know an answer I simply leave the question open for somebody else who might have the answer.

As I am not a SC employee I don't feel the responsability to look into each and every problem to see what is the best solution. Nor am I able to solve bugs, create enhancements etc. I want to state that clear. I'm a fully volunteer, am not being payed by anybody to do this job and I pay for my own subscription. So stop sending me off topic emails and pm's. I am *not* part of the scriptcase organisation.

That having said, I receive more and more private mails with request for help. Besides that I have limited time I think it does not benefit anybody if I would try to help out individuals with their problems. Sometimes I see questions twice, on the forum, my pm or company mail. Until now I was still answering all, but as of today I have stopped doing that. If you have questions please put them here on the forum. If you want quotes for help, programming services, or other info then please follow the link below and you'll find all the contact info you need.

For our own customers and for the forum users nothing changes. Hope you all understand. I like to dedicate my time to our customers and the SC community (in that order ;-))
    Last edited by aducom; 04-28-2014, 07:06 AM.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Thanks you Albert, you help much people. All our problemas with SC you always is here helping.
    We are very grateful to you.

Comment

Always a pleasure to read your comments to me and others. I understand when you become the "go to guy" without the "go to pay", I use to be that guy in another language a long time ago. So I understand. Thanks for all you do.
      Pappy
      Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

Comment

Hi Albert.

As a "newbie" to Scriptcase, I have gathered many a solution to questions I've had by searching this forum and viewing your responses to others questions.

Your knowledge on this product is invaluable to users of all levels and knowledge.

I know all to well what it is like to get caught up in helping others with their application problems and in turn, having your own client base/source of income suffer.

Charity can only go so far!

If Scriptcase is any kind of a progressive company, they will recognize your talent and the value you bring/have brought, to THEIR product and offer you some compensation for past/future involvement like any good Business Partner would do.

With over 2000 posts, you have proven your value.

Stick around, Please! We can't loose your support.

Ken

Comment

Rock on Albert

Comment

I have been working with scriptcase since 2008, so in my free time i will try to help others too. My difficulty is the language, but i am studying english in my free time to be more helpfull in this forum. Thank you Albert. For the others feel free to send me private messages and we can talk in skype, we can share desktop to see more detailed problems.

Comment

Originally posted by paulomarcelo View Post
              I have been working with scriptcase since 2008, so in my free time i will try to help others too. My difficulty is the language, but i am studying english in my free time to be more helpfull in this forum. Thank you Albert. For the others feel free to send me private messages and we can talk in skype, we can share desktop to see more detailed problems.
              Questions are better in public forums instead PM as far as possible , this way others with same questions can find answers.

Albert,you do an invaluable job here,thanks.
              /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
                Questions are better in public forums instead PM as far as possible , this way others with same questions can find answers.

Albert,you do an invaluable job here,thanks.
                Gui, I only offer help to other in many ways(forum, private messages, skype) in my free time. Because maybe sometimes the problem is related with some logic or other things and not related with scriptcase.

Comment

Albert, your help has been invaluable.
                  Thank you so much for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                    In the past years I have tried to help as many users as I could here on the forum
                    Absolutely no doubt about it! Thank you for all your help. I'm sure everyone appreciates all the time and effort you put in to help us.

Comment

I agree, we owe him a beer, pizza and trip around the globe.
                      Any donators ?

Arthur
                      -----------------------------------------
                      Arthur Klisiewicz
                      dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                      www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

;-)

I'll be most happy without the pm's and private mails. But I'll stay here, no reason to leave.
                        Albert Drent

Comment

I think that private messages on the forum should be disabled. This way every problem is public so the others can learn from the discussion. Everybody can post his Email address into the forum post and ask eventually for reply. Resolving problems (unless you are a drug or com-puter addict) through the private mail is bad idea. I do understand you Albert and fully agree with you. I even at some point felt that you put to much of your time into helping others while you getting so little (means pretty much nothing) from Net Make. For what you doing they should at least found you a trip around the world (once a year ;-)

One other thing the EVERY ONE in this forum MUST do is to do SEARCH before you ask the question, as it might have been answered already in the past. Answering the same questions over and over is a terrible waste of time for everybody. Time is the only thing you cannot buy. You cannot make more time by buying it. You can buy car, house, cloths but not time - so DO NOT WASTE OTHER PEOPLE TIME.

Albert! If somebody will ask you a question which was already answered let me know who it is and I will slap his face!

Other than that,... I really DO APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND TIME (even when we were not able to resolve the problems - cause you are not a ' ;-) guru'

Art
                          -----------------------------------------
                          Arthur Klisiewicz
                          dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                          www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Arthur, I never slap anybodies face ;-) I moderate the forum, so I delete spam now and then etc. I cannot change this forum's setup as this is a task for SC. I disagree regarding the possibility of PM's as I think that propositions should be handled by PM (like a category here on the forum). Besides that, I often know that an answer has been made, but even I cannot find it always, not even my own posts. But yes, it would be a good idea to look first then ask. But a lot of people simply don't work that way. (I sometimes don't ;-)
                            Albert Drent

Comment

a sincere thank you Albert. your commitment to this forum has been outstanding and speaks of your character as well.

in other words 'yu da man!!!'

Comment

Working...
                              X