Catching the error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching the error

When I'm using thie security App and the user enters a Login name which already exists, the ugly Error message pops up and it diesn't even allow to Cancell, GoBack or whartever. The only way to get rid of this is either closing the browser (or Tab) or hitting the BACK button on the browser.

How can I catch this error (i.e by ErrorNumber() ) and show nice Waring message to allow user to go back and correct the entry ?

DuplicateREcord_Error.jpg

Arthur

PS>
    This is something that should be taken care of by SC, and would rather see improvements like this, instead of adding features to SC8 which only a few might need (like Charting)
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

If you create apps then you always have to take care of bugs. You don't like Charting, I use it a lot. And you know my opinion about this. The logon is done in a generated module so you can easily change code to your needs or build your own login procedure. I have done the latter and use a display variable to show an error message which is set by a global [glob_errm]
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

OK, I was hoping the Security module would take care of that. So I'm assuming you have your own SQL code to search for entered (new) Login name and if found you show the message - right ?

Art
      -----------------------------------------
      Arthur Klisiewicz
      dATA POINT SOFTWARE
      www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Yes and no, I modified the existing generated module of SC.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
        X