Authentication info needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentication info needed

Anybody knows where can I find some more information on how the two LDAP methods work (or are implemented). I cannot find anything in the HELP

QA_authentication.jpg

thanks - Arthur
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

My advise, manage user authentication manually by accessing ldap directly (see post of rr). Second, use the standard roles and rights from the security module. In general I haven't seen much companies using ldap for managing access using ldap, most apps have their own security rules. But for loggin on it works well in situations where there is a central account management (single signon).
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

The App level security is kinda new to me so I'm not even very well familiar how this is programmed. I know this more from the Admin point of view. So far I only developed Apps with a single point of entry and never delt with the App Levels or User Levels. I need to use GROUPS in my case however because I need ADMIN, EDITOR, USER levels (groups). I'm not really sure how SC takes care of that. I have seen some Macros for allowing/disallowing app access etc. but this is new to me. The bad part is that there is no documentation at all and no place to learn how SC implements security.

I could either Group Apps, then manage access to the group OR group users and manage each group access. So far I did the second scenarion, but today (after few days of thinking) I guess the first option would be better (easier to manage).

Arthur
      -----------------------------------------
      Arthur Klisiewicz
      dATA POINT SOFTWARE
      www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Yes and no. I recommend the third option although it requires a lot of checkboxes to be set to manage security. But it works straight forward.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
        X