SC issues after upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC issues after upgrade

I have a general question to confirm if anybody is using SC in this configuration: WindowsXP/SP3 + Firefox v43.0.4 + SC 8.1.022
    and if it works fine ?

After recent upgrading to v8.1.020 I encounter numerous problems. The project which worked fine in the past, now when opened causes tons or error messages in IDE. Apps which worked in the past do not work anymore. All forms which have Selection dropdown list and Ajax turned on, grid apps etc. I'm trying to find out weather this is related to new SC not being compatible with WinXP, PHP or something else. I tried the restore full SC backup folder from previously zipped file but it is not working at all (I cannot even start SC), so to go to the previous version I can only do through install. Unfortunately I cannot even finr older versions of SC (i.e 8.1.000) for download.

ARTHUR
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

I am following your problem and from our point of view, what I can confirm is that nobody had this kind of issues besides you.
    Theoretically if your Apache and Database is running + your php is 5.4 - 5.6 Scriptcase should work without bugs.

Although we don't test our environment in windows xp it might be something else, however, if you use windows, I strongly recommend you to upgrade to either Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 for development.

Also, if you really want an older version of SC contact our support and ask for it, maybe they'll be able to give you a download link.
    Last edited by Cavadinha; 01-19-2016, 03:28 PM. Reason: Correcting myself
    Regards,
    Cavadinha

Development Team
    Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

I am amazed thaty you can not go back if you have a full scriptcase dir zip backup. All you would need to do is stop the scriptcase service, rename your scriptcase to scripcase_bad or something and copy the contents of your zip (as admin) in your scriptcase dir. It of course depends on how you made your zip. I do nothing else for backup.. Just zip give it a date and version number and store it somewhere... When needed I can simply go back to it... This goes for windows of course so for nux you need to find something similar...

Comment

We keep the releases for some time in the server, but we only let the latest version to be downloadable.
        From time to time we clear the server HD to save space, that's why I told you they might provide you a link, but, I also recommend you to keep SC up do date.

What RR told is true. Backup your files before updating, it is the best way to avoid problems.
        Anyway, I've heard you're in touch with our guys already, so cooperate with them and they'll be able to help you with those problems.

Regards,
        Cavadinha

Development Team
        Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Cavadinha - I need to fix my ZIPed project file ASAP. I posted a trouble ticket about that but I guess it went to sales department and I do not think they will be able to help. Where am I supposed to send my requests ? Not being able to restore any of 20+ backup sets is terribly frustrating !

ARTHUR
          Last edited by Giu; 02-16-2016, 05:20 AM. Reason: Fixed mention to Cavadinha
          Arthur Klisiewicz
          dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

rr - I have had a cakup on my old PC, but recently it crashed and I decided to build a new one with Win10 installation. It seems to be terrible lag when typing username/license while registering. This have caused certain characters not transmitted to NM sever then causing errors. Finally I discovered what the problem is and by typing with the speed of 1 character per 2 seconds I was finally able to register. There is definitely though some issue with the communication between registering client and your server causeing huge delays.
            My SC is working now, thank you for you time.
            ARTHUR
            Last edited by Giu; 02-16-2016, 05:21 AM. Reason: Fixed link
            Arthur Klisiewicz
            dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Working...
            X