Horrible documentation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible documentation...

Bought scriptcase some months ago... documentation is like kid is made it.,.... only intuitive samples... even not shown how to count two fields...
    grrrr....

http://www.scriptcase.net/docs/en_us..._field_display
    Great support!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree that documentation is not very good and/or complete, but, if you explain what you are trying to do, could be better.
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

It's not a secret that the docs aren't good. Just a simple query on this forum would reveil that. But we have a great community so drop your questions here and we'll be glad to answer.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I just wonder why NetMake doesn't seem to care.
          E.g. I've been trying to find out the scope of the sc_ajax_refresh_macro since the day I bought SC... :-)
          http://www.scriptcase.net/docs/en_us...c_ajax_refresh

Comment

A have wery simple project, but hawe to complete it really fast, so i hawe to count two field values and minus one...

Database
            field1 | field2 | field3 |

using this sql query in dynamic field, that is not in database

SELECT (field1+field2- field3)
            FROM Tablename
            ORDER BY somefield

as result i receive data from all fields, in case if set some count variable, it displays error

please help, can even pay for consulting

thanks a lot!

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you, but if it's a grid app you can skip the calculations in SQL.

Create a field inside the grid app (Fields -> New Field) and in the onRecord event of the grid add this line:

Code:
              {field-created-in-your-grid-app} = {field1} + {field2} - {field3};
              Last edited by robydago; 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I agree iviks!

I've recently purchased it and finding it very frustrating to learn. Most of the responses from the support team have not been intelligible English or they have misunderstood the question, even when I've included multiple screenshots clearly outlining the issue.
                Then searching for commonly used words or macros in the Online help comes up with zero results, or messages in Spanish...wow
                Surely, they could employ a natural English speaking person or two to provide better support and improve the online help.
                I'm almost regretting my purchase now.

Looks like the best support will be here in this forum...thanks aducom and other members for helping others out

Chrispy

Comment

Working...
                X