Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible put togheter SC + Leaflet + Geocoder ??? GPS project ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible put togheter SC + Leaflet + Geocoder ??? GPS project ....

Dear All,

I have to start a new project that is connected to show path/track GPS data and some indicators (i.e. temperature logger) on Geo Maps.
    There are many vans which deliver test sample tubes (i.e. blood...and other things) to a several hospitals and I have to track all from starting point to ending one.
    It could be nice do it with a on-line application that monitor where they are and what's the time ... etc. For the GPS data I think that there will not problems, for temperature and other parameters I think I need a manual data download. (i.e. temp logger makes a csv file to integrate later to GPS track map).
    Out there are thousand of possibilities but I don't want to test them all becouse I'm not able to and I've no time for that.
    Googling I founded this interesting post that match lots of interesting things.
    Leaflet is one of most used Js library of this field and it's very powerful. Geocoder is interesting too.

http://www.sitepoint.com/mapping-geo...hp-leaflet-js/

Anybody of you can teach me a bit if it's a runnable solution and overall an easy... solution to implement.
    I need to understand if SC can be used to increment the value of solution or is it redundand.
    How, translated into SC structures..and terminology, can I implement it knowing a bit php and nothing about js ?
    Is anybody interested to make an on-line sample project to share with all other forum users ?
    Many thanks
    Giovannino

It's difficult to connect a remote server through php to, let's say an analytical machine. You need to connect through javascript using ajax and the javascript needs to connect through com/ole or java to your machine, datalogger or whatever. In general I solve these issues using small native applications in Delphi and send them through SOAP or REST to my server. That is a simple php application to store the data into the database. I'm not a javascript guru so someone else might have better solutions.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
    X