Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootstrap support?

Hi,

As today we should more and more support mobile devices, do you have plan to support bootstrap?
    Or is it already somehow supported?

In fact, what are the plans?

Version 8 will be ready for mobile.

Information we know:
    The Scriptcase version 8 aims to be one of the best existing BI tools in the market, and also transform it's solutions developed compatible and responsive withMOBILE environments.

Some of the new features in version 8 are:

Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
    ▪ Improved themes customization using CSS3.
    ▪ New chart selection interface.
    ▪ New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
    ▪ Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
    ▪ New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
    ▪ Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
    ▪ Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
    ▪ Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
    ▪ Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
    ▪ Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
    ▪ Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
    ▪ Updated the Code editor used in the events.
    ▪ New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.
    Closed beta will start soon, and release is expected soon too

Regards.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      Closed beta will start soon, and release is expected soon too
      Beta will start soon and release too = many, many errors. The software matures at customers ... we know this .
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
        Beta will start soon and release too = many, many errors. The software matures at customers ... we know this .
        It depends. Currently beta testers are selected. But the question is will SC wait for the beta issues and resolve before distribution. Last time they did not :-(
        But if the sign is right they will this time. So yes I'm sure that the beta testers will not find everything, especially on the new features, but it should be better than last time from 6 to 7.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Your word in god's ear ...
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
            Your word in god's ear ...
            I'm an optimistic man Rheinhart. Nice to see you here around again btw.
            Albert Drent

Comment

hi guys, although i like the bootstrap idea, but i was reading here and I agree with you, many bugs and issues with sc 7, i think if they fix the current issues fist or at least include the fixing in version 8 them move to new features

i was not optimistic when first got many errors in sc, but to be honest, once I see albert, jsb, giu, RHS and some other known names, i feel optimistic

btw Albert, I'm collecting that needs list, i guess it is going too large now

Mike

Comment

Thanks for naming me, but I think I can't be in the same group of others

I agree, some bugs must be resolved as priority, but I agree too, bootstrap and mobile responsiveness is priority too. Mobile is one of the most important features. We must wait to see what V8 will have.

I started working on a very simple app to include bugs and have a track about it between versions. What do you think?
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

indeed, mobile is my main hope too giu, and yes your name is there in many beneficial threads over the forums, i notice it forcibly during my reading all the time

it is a good idea to have all problems combined in one place, i think bugs forum (section) is dedicated for that, but a full list in one place will definitely help them, at least will cross-match with what they did until now in version 8

add from my side:
                  1- mobile support (no worries at all) - even menu application on mobile is displaying all menu regardless to permissions (security concern)
                  2- security module, sync apps sucks, list of apps sucks, imagine that is displaying not-existed application!! and removed once!! then duplicating the app names with their friendly-url name!! i have a list of 100+ records to select permissions for... but actually i have 3 applications only along with the security apps themselves!! all messed out!
                  3- when having more than group-by role, and sql statement is changed... then all group-by stuff getting messed, the lookup from other tables as primary-foreign is messed
                  4- chart can't be set to "center" if selected to be displayed in another page
                  5- chart can't support adding more than one field status in the same time, i mean if you have for example 2 levels of data, you must group by then have chart for each one alone... you can't have that x = 2 and y =4 and that 4 of the y shows that you have 2 m inside it and 2 n inside it (total =Y) ... etc. but you need to group by y to see the m and n indendantly... so you can't even display 3 or 4 lines in a line chart together... e.g. sales for 2 employees per month, you must be able to show them both in a line chart and each day there is a value indicating that this employee sold 100 and the other one sold 90 .... so you can see 2 lines together and nice graphic...

we will not talk about I wish, but will highlight the bootstrap thing, and that form application needs a lot to be added like lock fields, color fields, all based on conditions...
                  also more documentation is required, specially about control application, which i didn't understand until this moment what is it for

if you need help or info or anything else i can provide, please let me know

Mike

Comment

Regarding the security module, its a kinda template. You are likely to generate it once and you can change the behaviour to your needs. I do as I need to be able to have more than one usergroup to a person and add the security.
                    I disagree regarding deleting modules. It's how the module works. You synchronize and that's done using a dir list on the generated applications. After all it also should work in production, after deploy you need to run synchronize to get all the modules in the database and then apply rules to them. If you delete an application from your project then the generated code is not removed so it will re-appear if you run a synchronize or you must delete the generated modules by hand. Same goes for your prod. env. If you remove an applicaiton there it will also not remove the app from the database when you run a sync.
                    So in general I use the auth. module, but I apply it only at the end of my project. In development I don't use it but set the auth options in the preference to off, so I can start up the application without logging on etc. That saves me a lot of time.
                    Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                    X