Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folders in SC Workspace

I have a simple question.

In the SC workspace project explorer I can see folders. Do these folders do anything OTHER than just provide a nice way to organize applications?

In other words, if I create several folders to hold related applications, will there be any other functional advantages/disadvantages to doing so? Will the folders affect navigation? Will there be dependencies that could create problems if I decide at a later date to move an application from one folder to another?

Thanks,

Jose

The folders are pure for organizing things. When you generate your applications then these folders do not exist. So all applications you define need a unique name, no matter in what 'folder' you store them in.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks again Albert!

Comment

Yes albert thanks, that was one of my not-urgent questions that i am collecting the list as agreed

add to that joselvelez, if friendly-url is used, then the deployed applications are stored each one in a separate folder, having the folder same name as the friendly-url name.. otherwise, the folder will be the same name of the application.

but also, it is allowed to create level 2 folders you can create folder to be inside another folder, but you can't remove the folder number 2 (level2) no matter what

try it yourself

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by itsme3 View Post
          Yes albert thanks, that was one of my not-urgent questions that i am collecting the list as agreed

add to that joselvelez, if friendly-url is used, then the deployed applications are stored each one in a separate folder, having the folder same name as the friendly-url name.. otherwise, the folder will be the same name of the application.

but also, it is allowed to create level 2 folders you can create folder to be inside another folder, but you can't remove the folder number 2 (level2) no matter what

try it yourself

cheers
          Please if you find errors put that in the bugs forum.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks. I was just wondering how the friendly URL was implemented. That makes logical sense.

Comment

hi onmountain,

a friendly advice... if you are going to use the built-in security module in your application, i advise not to use the friendly-url, you will have double entries in security module apps list then a long list of them...

otherwise, it is a nice feature, they just need to adjust and develop it further to have folders after deployment (as spoken in this thread) and to work ok with security module.

Comment

Working...
              X