Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java webservices

Hello,
    i need someone to set me on the right path. I'd like to make a webapp that access java webservices to query data from a database. All of the appliction types (forms, grids, etc) ask me for a database table in order to be created by scriptcase. Right now the only method i can see is to create a blank page, add fields and construct the logic to query and show the information the user. but i´d like to know if there´s a simpler method.

You might ask why i want to user java webservices and no a direct connection to the database? right now the database server is abstracted from the application by the use of webservices. so there´s no direct connection to it. it was designed like that for security purposes.

Any help is appreciated.
    best regards

There are different opinions o ln this in the forum. Mine is, if you ask to create a complete database application around connectin by web services, SC is not the way to go. All the job needed for integration throw to trash all the improvements on productivity SC offers. sC is designed to work directly with connections. If possible? Yes, but as I said not worth for a complete project
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

I disagree. With tools like soapui you can extract the services and see how the message looks like. In general you don't need to use wsdl parsers within php for this, most services are pretty simple. Then create a table structure for this messages in mysql. Then with simple curl you can access your service, store the result in the database and use the forms to access them. Sending data to services is just a matter of a bit of php behind an event.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
        I disagree. With tools like soapui you can extract the services and see how the message looks like. In general you don't need to use wsdl parsers within php for this, most services are pretty simple. Then create a table structure for this messages in mysql. Then with simple curl you can access your service, store the result in the database and use the forms to access them. Sending data to services is just a matter of a bit of php behind an event.
        And I agree, but then, you are not accessing with webservices, you are adding an extra layer of complexity and a replication of a complete database and then another layer to return the data against the WS again.

I wrote in other similar post like this. Is possible of course, but you are adding complexity to the db layer. What happens if DB has a lot of SPs? Again, is possible of course, but SC is designed to work directly against the database, then, you have a lot of data to be managed manually local y, thath you dont take into consideration because you are working with a semiclone of the original Database.you loose the advantages SC gives you. Is not a screen, is a complete app
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

I don't think you understand Giu. As scriptcase is database driven you need a database to store the received data if you want to display it. That doesn't mean that you can't use a control and create your fields there. But even then, it's by far faster than writing it all to the bone.
          Using SOAPUI will help you simplify the soap calls to your webservices because you can easily create the xml needed. Same goes for the response message. I have never seen the flexiblity of WSDL that causes webservices to continue functioning when they changed. We have talked against PeopleSoft with very very complex wsdl definitions, but if you use SOAPUI you will see that at the end a very simple xml message was needed.
          We use this technique very often and it works very well. But if someone wants to use the standard php webservices stuff, out of the libs or by tools like nusoap, please do.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers

Comment

Working...
            X