Determine Last Deployment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determine Last Deployment?

Does anyone know if there is a last Deployment tracked in SC?

Kevin

hi, just curious, can't your check files last modified date/time in the production server?
    at least see some file that is static and wasn't changed since last deployment

Comment

Yea
      That would be fun
      110 applications

Think big picture

Comment

Originally posted by Kdriscoll View Post
        Yea
        That would be fun
        110 applications

Think big picture
        If you always deploy your main application then you only need to check one. I thought it was a good idea actually.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Albert
          If I deployed all apps at same time
          Why would I care about last deployed?

And why would I deploy 109 unchanged apps

Was hoping sc put that in the db somewhere

Since I can't read Portuguese I can't tell what tables and columns are in the db

Kev

Comment

well, if you mean sc_apps then you can simply sort, any server will allow that...
            if you mean 110 projects, then you must be having good business and keep a track of your projects, a simple excel sheet or google drive doc will do.
            sc is a tool on a pc/server than can be broken anytime and re-installed again from scratch for any reason... or you have upgrades/ new versions so you work on them for new projects!! you can also add a small note for yourself in the project description with each deploy/major change... that area remains in the project itself

that is only my opinion

cheers

Comment

Could be an interesting feature. like indpeendent version number for applications.

Meanwhile, if you deploy complete, you cant track by project version number.
              /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions

Comment

I don't deploy unchanged apps. I only wrote that if you always deploy your main application (the one you startup with) and your changed applications you can check the main application. That's all. And I still think that it would work although it's a work-around.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

BTW, I now only deploy to a server folder while developing and it has saved me lots of time. That way, I can increment my project more often to track changes, then regenerate and deploy to folder all in a minute for 250+ apps.
                  Only use zip deploy to freeze a production install.
                  For me, app level tracking would probably scramble my remaking brain power
                  Peace, Jamie

Comment

Working...
                  X