Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delphi, VB, .NET, JAVA

Hi,

SC FAQ says that Delphi, VB, .NET, JAVA programs/objects can be included/linked to SC apps/programs. Are there examples, tutorials, or instructions?

Thank you,

Lyle

The only way I can think of is by using COM/OLE. I have integrated a Delphi application into SC but the Delphi application is a soap server. So ... I'm not realy sure what SC means by that statement.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

maybe if you build a rest server in blank scriptcase application, and use a rest client in Delphi, .Net, Java, ......

The real question is : is it possible to make any webservice (Rest, Soap, ...) in scriptcase ?????

Comment

Originally posted by imshinji View Post
        maybe if you build a rest server in blank scriptcase application, and use a rest client in Delphi, .Net, Java, ......

The real question is : is it possible to make any webservice (Rest, Soap, ...) in scriptcase ?????
        Why not?
        http://www.php.net/manual/en/refs.webservice.php
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

For webservice consumption look at nusoap for instance. I wouldn't use Scriptcase for rest/soap servers because these do not have screens but just consume and reply messages. So you would need only blank applications. I haven't tried, but I think that your services would not run the fastest because of all the SC libs involved. For apps not an issue, but for services fast response is eminent.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
            For webservice consumption look at nusoap for instance. I wouldn't use Scriptcase for rest/soap servers because these do not have screens but just consume and reply messages. So you would need only blank applications. I haven't tried, but I think that your services would not run the fastest because of all the SC libs involved. For apps not an issue, but for services fast response is eminent.
            I use nodejs for the record.
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thanks Albert and Giu,

I was out so just getting back to this.

I kind of thought SC implied that existing .NET, Java, VB, and Delphi programs could be used as it says from the FAQ below. I'll send a support request some time this week and see what is meant.

Can I call Delphi, VB, .NET or JAVA programs from ScriptCase
              Yes, from PHP we can instantiate COM objects (Component Object Model) , JAVA and others external programs.

Lyle

Comment

You can even call windows dll's using php.. see here: http://www.php.net//manual/en/ref.w32api.php or even cooler: http://winbinder.org/overview.php

Comment

Working...
                X