Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload to a mapped netword drive/folder

Hi guys,
    I want to create a document up-loader application and use a mapped network drive/folder on the server to store the files, but encountered error like attached screen capture.
    I have set the Documents Path on application's Settings to use the mapped drive.
    Is there any prerequisite that's missing here.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by IbranJeremia View Post
    Hi guys,
    I want to create a document up-loader application and use a mapped network drive/folder on the server to store the files, but encountered error like attached screen capture.
    I have set the Documents Path on application's Settings to use the mapped drive.
    Is there any prerequisite that's missing here.

Thank you.
    Has the user running apache service, permission over this folder?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hi Giu,
      thanks, I'll try your suggestion and inform you back latter.

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      Has the user running apache service, permission over this folder?

Comment

Hi Giu,
        I have set the service's user account to domain administrator, and also the security of mapped drive as attached picture.
        Still got the same error.
        Attached Files

Comment

How are you adding the mapped drive to scriptcase? Are you mapping the drive on the server and then using the drive letter, or are you using the sharename in Scriptcase?

I haven't actually tried this, but i do save uploads to a different harddrive to where the application is. I use the drive letter when setting up in Scriptcase.

e.g Scriptcase is on C:/ and Uploads are on D:/

Nevermind, i have also tried to upload to a mapped drive with no luck. No error message for me though.
          Last edited by mikelaw; 06-19-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hi Mikelaw,
            I use a drive letter, I don't have any issues uploading files in different server's local drive.
            The idea is to have multiple servers using one files repository.
            Also, uploading failed using neither drive letter nor shared folder name.

Originally posted by mikelaw View Post
            How are you adding the mapped drive to scriptcase? Are you mapping the drive on the server and then using the drive letter, or are you using the sharename in Scriptcase?

I haven't actually tried this, but i do save uploads to a different harddrive to where the application is. I use the drive letter when setting up in Scriptcase.

e.g Scriptcase is on C:/ and Uploads are on D:/

Nevermind, i have also tried to upload to a mapped drive with no luck. No error message for me though.

Comment

I suggest using a hardlink with the mllink command. This one survives a reboot and can be created anywhere you think you need it. You can even make it point to some remote server without problems. Just be sure to allow the windows service user to have the access to the dir where the link is and the dir where the link points to.

Comment

Hi rr,
                thanks, sorry for late reply, I will try your suggestion and inform it back.

Originally posted by rr View Post
                I suggest using a hardlink with the mllink command. This one survives a reboot and can be created anywhere you think you need it. You can even make it point to some remote server without problems. Just be sure to allow the windows service user to have the access to the dir where the link is and the dir where the link points to.

Comment

This solution does work for us you just have to set the user and rights properly.. That is the trickiest part. We use uniform on a windows server..

Comment

Thanks RR,
                    I still haven't solve the problem, but at least I know it can be done.
                    I'll try to use Uniform server.

Originally posted by rr View Post
                    This solution does work for us you just have to set the user and rights properly.. That is the trickiest part. We use uniform on a windows server..

Comment

Working...
                    X