-----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Originally posted by aka View Post
    Any news on SC8 release date ?
    My phone is waiting to test forms

Arthur
    The Resellers have had a webinar. Next wednesday there's one for other member too so you could subscribe. There hasn't been a beta test yet, but I was told that it wouldn't be that long. They are trying to fix the issues first then release. It used to be the other way around, and now they are taking their time to do it better. I'm glad they do...
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Where do you subscribe to the webinar? I do not see anything on the live webinar page.
      Rod - Developer

Comment

http://www.scriptcase.net/scriptcase-webinars/

Live Q&A Webinar - Scriptcase Version 8 Overview (part I)
        Start: Wednesday, July 9 2014 8:00 PM (UTC+02:00)
        End: Wednesday, July 9 2014 9:00 PM

Live Q&A Webinar - Scriptcase Version 8 Overview (part II)
        Start: Friday, July 11 2014 8:00 PM (UTC+02:00)
        End: Friday, July 11 2014 9:00 PM
        Albert Drent

Comment

Thanks very much.
          Rod - Developer

Comment

We shared some screenies on our FB wall. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...29064424026171

For those don't like FB, you can see it on our OneDrive shared folder: http://1drv.ms/1qvbclE

Enjoy it.
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thank You Albert for the webinar info! I didn't realize they were having these pre-release webinars. That is a great idea. Way to go SC
              Peace,
              Jamie

Originally posted by aducom View Post
              http://www.scriptcase.net/scriptcase-webinars/

Live Q&A Webinar - Scriptcase Version 8 Overview (part I)
              Start: Wednesday, July 9 2014 8:00 PM (UTC+02:00)
              End: Wednesday, July 9 2014 9:00 PM

Live Q&A Webinar - Scriptcase Version 8 Overview (part II)
              Start: Friday, July 11 2014 8:00 PM (UTC+02:00)
              End: Friday, July 11 2014 9:00 PM

Comment

Question - does the image manager allow us to upload our own images there as well? So we can access these from any of our apps?

Thanks for the screen shots - very very helpful. SC8 looking very good.
                Peace,
                Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by onmountain View Post
                  Question - does the image manager allow us to upload our own images there as well? So we can access these from any of our apps?

Thanks for the screen shots - very very helpful. SC8 looking very good.
                  Peace,
                  Jamie
                  Yes, this is the idea. You can control all images from there. Upload to public or project, filter by name, size and so on.
                  /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                  Some Customers opinions

Comment

Will this be a free upgrade? Am asking as I only just paid for the continuation of updates!!! Will be free right!

Also do we have a slider yet? so I can slide values from 0 -20?
                    CSS3 styling???? PLEASE!
                    Import creator, dont care about importing to scriptcase, want my customers to be able to import their files, csv,excel, word what ever.
                    All else from what I see other than the new image manager seems to be a waste of time.... or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
                      Will this be a free upgrade? Am asking as I only just paid for the continuation of updates!!! Will be free right!

Also do we have a slider yet? so I can slide values from 0 -20?
                      CSS3 styling???? PLEASE!
                      Import creator, dont care about importing to scriptcase, want my customers to be able to import their files, csv,excel, word what ever.
                      All else from what I see other than the new image manager seems to be a waste of time.... or am I wrong?
                      AFAIK if you have a valid subscription then you are entitled for the update.
                      IF the new features are a waste of time depends on the requirement. Importing csv is a very simple task in php as there are great php functions for that. Importing word? I realy don't see what you could get from that. Teamwork modules, we work with 5 devs, I see advantages there. But for a stand-alone user I agree. I haven't seen it in my hands, but a separate graphics form type is welcome, I hope it will allow multiple lines as I haven't been able to create them in the current version. We have to see.

What worries me is that the release is already advertized and afaik the beta test has still to be performed. I would have waited at least the first beta round before anouncing. This sounds as if they are again releasing before a thourough field test... I hope not.
                      Albert Drent

Comment

Albert
                        Do I need to quote the definition of insanity?

Just get use to :

This has been reported to our bugs team

I am still only developing in SC 6 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdriscoll View Post
                          Albert
                          Do I need to quote the definition of insanity?

Just get use to :

This has been reported to our bugs team

I am still only developing in SC 6 !!
                          Well then you must have found all the bugs by now (lol).
                          Albert Drent

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            I am looking forward to the webinars today and Friday about SC8. Believe me, I go into this with eyes wide open after transitioning from 5->6 and 6->7 (BTW I waited on SC7 for a long time but am pleased I did it eventually).

However, that said, I am always pleased by most things SC does. The screen grabs and stuff I have seen make it look like a more improved and modern interface on some key areas - like configuration of certain apps. Having posted issues and ideas here, as well as some direct communication with SC over the past year, I am intellectually interested in what improvements they have incorporated of things that were important to me. It is hard to make a product fit everyone perfectly, but sometimes small things can make a big difference in productivity.

When I finally jumped to SC7, I was most impressed with the multiple code generators that speed up that process for me very much. So you never know what might be important to us as users.

Even things like the calendar and charts, which maybe many don't use much, could be a great enhancement in SC8? I do use calendars in my projects - and I have had to make my own in PHP for some applications. Overall, I hope they just keep making all possible app settings more and more accessible to programmers and the use of global vars. Every once in a while I hit something that won't let me do an 'easy' setting change - them I devolve into LOTS of coding and games. I still have avoided hacking generated code, though I do look at it sometimes. I believe SC8 has a better way of viewing the generated code as well.

Anyway, those are my 2-cents on what is happening. I really wish the beta process would have been completed by now, as it is pretty late in the game to find and fix major bugs. So maybe we are all going to be 'beta' testers again LOL?????!?!?

Peace everyone,
                            Jamie

Comment

I think that NetMake should definitely create some public place so users can submit new features requests, then later others can vote which is more or less needed. At htis moment NM decides what to implement next and I am under strong impression that in many cases it is not what majority of users want.
                              As for me the from what I saw in SC8 features the only 2 apealing features are: mobile support and CSV import. Everything else was waste of time, because I think there are more important features that are missing.
                              -----------------------------------------
                              Arthur Klisiewicz
                              dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                              www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
                              X