No announcement yet.

Sc 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A community for partners was created to create a channel between community and NetMake, to talk and improve. Members of NetMake from Sale department and development are involved.

Community needs to be a little patience, we are working on this things.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

And a place where bugs are classified, prioritized, a status, and an expected resolution date. This way a developer can create a workaround if thEy see that the priority is low or expected resolution date is nill.
      Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

Comment

Giuseppe. What are you saying the community must be patient about? I have a support subscription and I have logged enhancements through it. I do not get any status update and when I request one I am required to jump through hoops to get the update. I am expected to basically log the call again... REALLY? I find this most frustrating and unacceptable. I agree with pappy. Even if the bug / enhancement is not going to be fixed, at least let us know so we can plan and action accordingly.
        Rod - Developer

Comment

Sardius.

What I mean, is be patient about waiting to Partners restructure with NetMake the procedures.
          We are partners, but we are customers too. I can tell you we have the same concerns as you. For this reason, we talked and we are working together with NetMake about improve the lacks in support, communication and so on.

I'm planning about the way to recollect suggestions, bugs and improvements to, as I mentioned, work together with NetMake to improve all this things, and community get back information.
          /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions

Comment

Giuseppe, I was not intentionally pointing fingers at you or any other volunteer. My reaction regarding patience related more towards Netmake as I have been incredibly patient and I am growing weary.
            I am very appreciative of the input you and other volunteers put into making the product a better experience.

Thank you guys for taking the initiative.
            Rod - Developer

Comment

It is not a secret that I'm a bit critical now and then regarding SC support which simply is not the strongest point of SC. I've invested huge amount of time trying to improve things at SC, but there's a cultural difference as wel as a language barier. It's not that SC is unwilling, but they simply do not have the culture of everybody speaking english. Sometimes I get answers on questions where I have to ask myself: did they read the question? But the other side is that SC is a great product. So the volunteers are trying to fill the support gap SC has and in the back end we try to get to SC in an attempt to improve support. We would like to have an ENG mantis bugtracker so that we can follow progress, we would like to have a decent beta team and have beta testing before deployment etc. It's taking a huge time and I'm very glad that other partners are picking up things as I can'tdo it all by myself. I am convinced that all the partners together can make a difference towards SC is a positive way. You simply catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar. But there are some nuts to crack for sure.

But the most important of all: we all are partners/resellers, we are customers of SC and pay for our own licences, at least I am. We want the best of SC, because that helps our own projects (where I earn my money from), it helps to sell licences (which isn't a a real moneymaker), and it helps to bring the product on a higher level. It simply is the best in it's field, but it's not perfect.

But with the volunteers and resellers who see eachother as collegues rather than competitors is unique! It's the best advertizement of SC. Which other product has such a powerful group? Giu's effort is a great start for better collaboration and SC should be proud to have it. We are not a thread to SC, but a challenge. I hope that SC will take advantage of this.
              Last edited by aducom; 07-12-2014, 05:29 AM.
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I really hope so too Albert. If I can help then let me know. I am not keen on becoming a reseller but I am keen to help make the product better.
                Rod - Developer

Comment

That's all we need Rod, a good working community where everyone benefits from. Great to have you on board.
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
                  X