No announcement yet.

Got version 8 downloaded and installed...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got version 8 downloaded and installed...

Very good instructions on how to download and install if you have v7 installed. Already converted all of my apps. The 1 app I tested so far is giving me errors about globals that v7 should have
    caught. SO I guess that's a GOOD sign.

Skype Id:

Thanks Pappy. How did you get it? and what exactly the good sign you mean, errors???
    Scriptcase V8.1 Enterprise Edition.

Basically v8 caught an error that I created that v7 did not.

To download I went to the download link on sc main page,
      I did the manual zip file install because I had v7 already
      Skype Id:

Have you got a Serial number for V8?

I have followed the instructions but none exists in my account although subscription is current until October. Is there another way to obtain them?

Hey Ian... Here is how I got my serial number.

Before downloading the zip file, I put in my email address on
          the download web page where it ask for the email, I think its under the verbiage "6 things to know
          before install" or something similar. Then I downloaded it, set it up,
          ran a few apps, and it said what the normal demo says "for evaluation purposes only".

THEN I logged out of scriptcase, logged into my sc account on the main web
          page, then it showed me the serial number for both v7 and v8.

hope that helps....

Also I would check the update screen where you plug in the new serial number and see
          if some of the options there could help generate/find the new serial number.
          Last edited by pappy; 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM.
          Skype Id:

I did exactly what you say on my original download and installation but no SC8 serial number exists.

The only possible difference is that I downloaded and installed a full fresh automated installation, not the manual installation.

When I get some free time I might re-download and re-install and see what happens.

Thanks, Ian

I got some reports from customers about v8 serials not appearing on intranet.

I reported to Marcia yesterday.

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions