Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change smtp settings in Scriptcase security once deployed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change smtp settings in Scriptcase security once deployed?

I have just completed my initial deployment to a production system. I have realized that the smtp security settings and e-mail notification options I set up on my development machine are different than what is needed on the production server. How can I change smtp security settings within the Scriptcase environment?

You can generate a new security module deleting the old generated apps and DB tables first (re supply new prefixes to apps and tables and have side by side initially) - which is a pain if you have already started populating tables my creating users etc.

SC has no way (yet) of adjusting that sort of thing post generation, so the alternative is to edit the following generated security based apps (not too onerous). In each app below (3 of them) the bits you want are under "Programming | PHP Methods". Edit the methods listed (4 of them) as required and re-gen:

app_form_add_users:
    - send_mail_to_admin (Method PHP)
    - send_mail_to_new_user (Method PHP)

app_form_edit_users
    - send_mail_to_admin (Method PHP)

app_retrieve_pswd
    - send_mail_message (Method PHP)

Note: The prefix of "app_" may be different for you if you suggested your own app prefix.

Comment

In general I have a table containing the mail settings and extract the settings from there. It requires a bit of modification of your sourcecode, but it will also work if you have to send other mails besides the security messages.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I concur with Aducom. All projects we build, we create an smtp_settings table, create form so user can change smtp settings, and all apps or functions that send mail read from this table.

Comment

Thank you! That information helped a LOT!! I do have one follow-up question related to the above. When setting up the initial security settings, there were checkbox options for handling when emails get sent and to whom. Do the apps you pointed me to also regulate that or is there somewhere else I also need to check to make sure everyone is getting the e-mails as desired? Thank you again for your help. I was worried I would have to redo all my security setup, as I had already spent a considerable amount of time setting up the application access rights.

Comment

Albert, as usual, your advice is spot on! That is a great idea, one that will save me many headaches on future project deployments. (I don't know if ScriptCase pays you anything, but if not, they should!!! You have helped resolve more issues than I can count. It seems like just about everything forum item I have clicked on, you provided valuable direction. Great job!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by mlwerner View Post
              Thank you! That information helped a LOT!! I do have one follow-up question related to the above. When setting up the initial security settings, there were checkbox options for handling when emails get sent and to whom. Do the apps you pointed me to also regulate that or is there somewhere else I also need to check to make sure everyone is getting the e-mails as desired? Thank you again for your help. I was worried I would have to redo all my security setup, as I had already spent a considerable amount of time setting up the application access rights.
              No, the only thing you need to do is change the spot where the email is sent. As I useually have to send emails by template (change variables for name, etc) I have made a library function for it. But the rest will function. If you need to be able to apply more than one usergroup to a person (which is possible, but doesn't work in default scriptcase) then you can find a patch if you go to the faq on our website.
              Albert Drent

Comment

Hello Albert,

I have combed through the FAQ of the scriptcase.net, scriptcase.ew and scriptcase.nl websites and don't see any references to a patch for the apply more than one usergroup to a person. Would you please help point me.

Comment

Originally posted by kholliday View Post
                  Hello Albert,

I have combed through the FAQ of the scriptcase.net, scriptcase.ew and scriptcase.nl websites and don't see any references to a patch for the apply more than one usergroup to a person. Would you please help point me.
                  It's on our website ;-)

http://scriptcase.aducom.com/cms/e10....php?0.cat.6.3
                  Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                    Nice to see that all the work is still being used
                    Lol

Comment

I collect useful hints and save them in the faq. But you're right, you deserve the credit.
                      Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                      X