Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Commerce using SC

Dear all,

Is there anybody who has developed the basic sample of Shop On Line embedded on SC installation.

I've opened it with v8 and it's really ugly to see.

Do you know Prestashop, X-Cart, WooCommerce ??
    Have you got any experience with them ?

Thanks
    Giovanni

Prestaship and X-Cart (I dont know the other) are basic shops with payment options and templates and the works. If you want a full shop then you CAN build it in scriptcase. I wouldnt tho, since there are complete shops with all code and even software like shopfactory that also creates complete shops with build in payment systems, customer programs, etc etc...
    If you want all that you are quicker using a well known piece of shop software (and you can find hundreds of them). The shop is not the entire story, you also have to handle the payments properly.

Comment

Hi rr,
      the particular B2B use is finally about to create only orders . The payments process follow standard Erp procedures so in this project it's out of scope.
      Is Shopfactory a opensource solution ?
      To built a B2B like this one how much time do you think it will take using SC ? I've seen that container has not such a sophisticaded management of product catalog...

Comment

shopfactory is payware, it is very very complete (imho) but it has a price.
        If you only want a small shop (as in options I mean) then things like prestoshop and so would be fine.. And then building it in sc is also something you can do...
        How much time it takes depends on the payment methods you want to accept, the rest is not that hard in scriptcase. It depends if you want to have a simple shop or one with lots
        of options, and customer programs, many payment methods etc..
        A basic shop with paypal could be up and running in less then a week (provided you already have the database with products).
        A bit more advanced shop with an entry for customers (buying) and emloyees (doing the orders and adding to supplies) is clearly more time. You first have to determine what you actually need in your shop. A super advanced shop (if you insist in building it) will probably take you a few months. Be aware that get the payments methods realised also takes lots of time, it needs approvals from the banks, credit card companies, paypal, etc.. with sending paper/documents to and fro. There are several paypent providers that handle multiple ways of paying, for a small fee per transaction you win a lot of time using their php code for handling the finances. In fact there are easily more then 40 different online payment methods and building them all takes time... Hence a standard shop or sticking with paypal and at most a few others (the major ones).

Be aware that for a shop you also need certification and verification and ssl certificates and so on, to prove that the shop is legit, that the money is safe, the communication is secure, etc... That takes its time too (sadly enough sometimes several weeks).

Comment

First of all samples are what they are: samples. So the sample of the webshop is not a full blown webshop like magento etc. And YES you can make changes so that it becomes useful and I did that. It's fairly easy to bind paypal to it as I have shown in the webinar (see on main website of scriptcase). But I must agree with rr, if you need other payment gateways most open source shops do have all plugins on board where you have to build it yourself in SC. On the other hand, the open source (opencart etc) webshops can do a lot, most likely by far more than you need. That makes it complicated to many end-users. Regarding SC sample: there are some bugs to solve (nothing real serious) and you need to make things better looking. But then you have a good working shop with only the options you need. And fully integratable with your other scriptcase applications. However if you only need the webshop, I would go for one of the open source options like zencart, opencart, magento or payed like shop factory.
          Last edited by aducom; 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hi,
            payments are out of the scope... so I haven't to use any of them. Customer will be invoiced and they will pay using ERP sales&distrib classic methods.

It has to work only as ORDERs creator instead to call sales office or do it by e-mail

Using SC the look of on line shop is really basic.

Comment

It is, but it is a sample. Don't expect it to compete with open source webshops. We made a prettty advanced webshop with it, as it needed to integrate to an inventory application we build for the customer. It's a good basis, but it needs work.
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

rr can you share your experiences with shopfactory? I was looking for a commercial eshop to offer to our customers, and didn't know about shopfactory. Didn't look bad at all, and pricing is not bad.
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

Sure.. Shopfactory is a windows program that is on your desktop machine, it is a standalone program. In it you add articles and with pictures and descriptions.
                  It uses www.globecharge.com as communication for handling payments.
                  Check out one of our shops here: http://shop.housing.rug.nl/shopuw/en-uk/index.html
                  You can change the layout and all kinds of options for your products and it has a management for your supplies (as in how many sweaters are sold, how many are still in stock, ..)
                  Then there is also a web part with it, ther you can login and set details for the payments. As in shipping costs, credit card/... extra fee's, customer discounts, loyalty programs and what else..
                  Setting it up is not difficult. I suggest setting up a trial and just going with that.
                  The desktop application allows for css changes, and a reasonable detailed way of changing the look of your pages (templates and such).
                  The desktop tool is here: http://www.shopfactory.com/contents/en-us/d18.html and on that page you'll find lots of details...
                  What is important is that my development skills are actually not needed, someone that knows how the web works and that is no computer illiterate can easily learn to use it. It is easily understandable for slightly advanced computer user.
                  we're using version 10 here now as far as I recall and have been using it since version 7... Anyway there are too many features to just mention, trying it will convince most people quickly...
                  O yes since it uses globecharge (actually it uses santu (www.santu.com) which a part of globecharge it handles many many payment methods... You of course still need to make agreements and contracts and so on with your payment providers (e.g. get a paypal account as seller, allow iDeal on a bank account for bank payments in the netherlands and so on.. This generally takes more time to setup then you'd expect. Since your company then will be checked for legitimacy and so on (depending on the payment system)).

Comment

Originally posted by rr View Post
                    Sure.. Shopfactory is a windows program that is on your desktop machine, it is a standalone program. In it you add articles and with pictures and descriptions.
                    It uses www.globecharge.com as communication for handling payments.
                    Check out one of our shops here: http://shop.housing.rug.nl/shopuw/en-uk/index.html
                    You can change the layout and all kinds of options for your products and it has a management for your supplies (as in how many sweaters are sold, how many are still in stock, ..)
                    Then there is also a web part with it, ther you can login and set details for the payments. As in shipping costs, credit card/... extra fee's, customer discounts, loyalty programs and what else..
                    Setting it up is not difficult. I suggest setting up a trial and just going with that.
                    The desktop application allows for css changes, and a reasonable detailed way of changing the look of your pages (templates and such).
                    The desktop tool is here: http://www.shopfactory.com/contents/en-us/d18.html and on that page you'll find lots of details...
                    What is important is that my development skills are actually not needed, someone that knows how the web works and that is no computer illiterate can easily learn to use it. It is easily understandable for slightly advanced computer user.
                    we're using version 10 here now as far as I recall and have been using it since version 7... Anyway there are too many features to just mention, trying it will convince most people quickly...
                    O yes since it uses globecharge (actually it uses santu (www.santu.com) which a part of globecharge it handles many many payment methods... You of course still need to make agreements and contracts and so on with your payment providers (e.g. get a paypal account as seller, allow iDeal on a bank account for bank payments in the netherlands and so on.. This generally takes more time to setup then you'd expect. Since your company then will be checked for legitimacy and so on (depending on the payment system)).
                    I will write you a PM to not offtopic this.
                    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
                    X