Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language Label in Select Lookup from Database

Hi
    i have a table with Products. And i love the Data Dictionary and Language Support from Scriptcase. So my idea is not to put the name from the product (which is not same in every language) into the product table. I like to put something like this:

product_name: {lang_lovelySoap}
    product_group: soaps

Then i make a Select Field with lookup like this:
    SELECT product_name FROM products where product_group = "soaps";

And then in the DataDictionary i enter the names for my Soaps. But this not work.. in the select field i get not the name from the soap, i get {lang_lovelySoap}.

Have someone any idea how can i do this?

P.S: Yes i know, i can make rows for the different languages in my product table and then check the language and display the right row. But as i say: the language support in scriptcase is very lovely and i wish to use same procedure also for some usability stuff.

Best regards and thanks
    Steve

Your products are in a database and the description in the data dictionary is static. That's why it won't work and I recommend the method you describe. Adding new products would mean that you have to regenerate your application(s) and deploy, which is - at least for me - a no go. Add a language specifier to the description and it's a simple matter of sql, dynamic and maintenance friendly.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hi Albert
      thank's for the rapid answer. Your arguments are good, i will change my plans and store the translations in table.

Best regards
      Steve

P.S: How can i close this thread?

P.S:

Comment

[SOLVED] Language Label in Select Lookup from Database

Originally posted by stephanw View Post
        Hi Albert
        thank's for the rapid answer. Your arguments are good, i will change my plans and store the translations in table.

Best regards
        Steve

P.S: How can i close this thread?

P.S:
        Not sure, I'm a mod, but it's a lot of silly work...
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
        X