Where is a common sense ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a common sense ?

I requested some simple IDE changes about 2 years ago (using SC6). As of today while using SC8 this was completely ignored (although it was reported number of times). Such simple things make me thing that SC users don't count.
    I still cannot understand why so called WHITE SPACE (or I should say wasted space) is a king for SC IDE. Perhaps somebody from NetMake can explain this IGNORANCE ?
    I have to admit though this ignorance drives me nuts, because simple things which can be improved in a matter of hours (if not minutes) take forever to complete !

just few examples (and there are many more)

DatabaseDesigned_Issue02.jpg

menu properties_suck1.png

AppList2Big.png

wonder how many users would agree ?

PS>

Dear NET MAKE please fix it !!!
    Last edited by aka; 01-21-2015, 02:22 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Well, I don't like the yelling, but I agree on your points. I have some other hints. The automatic naming starts with form_ or grid_. I would like to see that as a postfix, not prefix. Because you create forms and related grids it's nice to have them together in the list. Perhaps a preference setting to choose from.

mytableedit_grid
    mytableedit_form
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Since it is class nmAbaAppText I guess you could try to find it in the scriptcase css somwhere. Liekly you can change the font size a bit. It is in scriptcase8.css

.nmAbaAppText {
      padding-right: 15px;
      }

I found it using developer tools in firefox within like 30 seconds or so. Just press F12 click the small rectangle with the arrow and point to the place you want to inspect.

Comment

After TWO YEARS OF ASKING FOR CHANGE I'm entitled to loos my patience, so - yes - I would yell, scream, kick, bite if needed...
        What you have mentioned would take much more time to change, but the fixes I mentioned are NO BRAINER !

Art
        -----------------------------------------
        Arthur Klisiewicz
        dATA POINT SOFTWARE
        www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

I've kids and they won't listen ... ever ;-)
          I agree on your points, but as told often, you catch more flies with honey than vinneger. Besides that, the importance of an issue is measured by the amount of people supporting them. That's why I would like to see a community so we as customers can raise our hands in stead of being a lone ranger. Then it's your oppinion against the rest.
          Albert Drent

Comment

I agree with that points BUT...
            For database querys or modifications i prefer to use http://www.heidisql.com/ is more faster for me.
            Best Regards
            Hiram BQ

Comment

wrong thread? ;-)
              Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
              X