Create PHP button at editable grid view detail line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create PHP button at editable grid view detail line

Sorry if this is and old question, I just cannot find the answer.

I create a PHP for a grid view form. It appeared at the tool bar and executed without problem.

Now the user want the code executed at the detail record. In single record form that is no problem.

But I cannot find a way to do it in a editable grid view.

I tried use modal or link to a single record form without succeed.

I search the forum and read the method is "create a custom field with a link to your form for update purposes."

Anybody can help me. The button can inside the editable grid view detail line or the modal edit form.

Regards,

Almond Wong

See this link:

http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...le-Record-Form

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. Looks too complicated to me. I'll try later.

I create a select field, and create a ajax onChange event to do what I want. Not nice.

My new problem is I updated a field value event but the value don't display until I hit F5 on the editable gird view.

How to redisplay the new value, a {} assignment is not work. Is it required a row number as your example ?

Regards,

Almond Wong

Comment

I re-read your original post and maybe I misunderstood.

It's not clear what you are trying to do. Are you looking to click on any specific row and update parts of that row? Or are you trying to something else to / or with that specific row?

Comment

I try to send an e-mail by clicking a button, then update a field with the current timestamp. Use PHP button on single record form has no problem.

But using editable gird view, the updated field is not displayed until I press F5 at the grid view form.

Regards,

Almond Wong

Comment

Ok

.. and so you want a button at the end of EACH row displayed, and for each button to be able to send an email to the email address on that row?

Comment

Ok

.. and so you want a button at the end of EACH row displayed, and for each button to be able to send an email to the email address on that row? If that's the case then the original link is how to do it. It is a little involved but it's not too complicated!

Re the latter point about showing updates, at the end of the code that does the update, end it with

Code:
              sc_exit(sel);
              That forces an exit to the function and tells SC to re-run the select on the main form - that should then show any updates.

Comment

Thank you for your help. It doesn't work. I tried "sel", "ref" and "ok,ref". Might be because I'm using ajax onChange event.

Regards,

Almond Wong

Comment

Working...
                X