passing multiple parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passing multiple parameters

I am making some headway with Scriptcase but could use a little advice. I have a grid with the following sql used to display a faculty's courses based on userid. This works perfectly. Next I want to create a button link to another grid that will display the student roster for each of the unique courses by passing these parameters

crssem_index
    crssem_year
    crssem_semester
    crssem_crs_num
    crssem_section

SELECT
    course_instructor.fac_id,
    course_semester.crssem_index,
    course_semester.crssem_year,
    course_semester.crssem_semester,
    course_semester.crs_num,
    course_semester.crssem_section,
    semester.sem_text
    FROM
    course_instructor INNER JOIN course_semester ON course_instructor.crssem_index = course_semester.crssem_index
    INNER JOIN semester ON course_semester.crssem_semester = semester.sem_code
    WHERE
    fac_id = '[userid]'

So far I have not figured out a way to pass the parameters correctly so the grid can display the correct students. Thanks for the help.

TK

Can you describe what you are doing? If you have a grid then you cannot apply a link from a button as each record is unique. So I guess you need to create a custom field in the grid i.e. of type image, apply an image and then create the link. Then clicking on the button you will call the link with the correct record data.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks Albert. I went back and simplified my sql and only needed to pass one parameter to make things work. Sorry for all the dumb questions. Nothing like trying to teach this old dog new tricks.

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X