No announcement yet.

compare 2 project versions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compare 2 project versions

I think about outsourcing some coding , but i would like to have some control what the "external" party is doing - see all changes

is there a way to compare 2 version of a project. the steps would be

1) Increment Version (n+1)
    2) export project
    3) external coding
    4) import project
    5) compare version n & n+1

or can i do that on mysql? or any other idea?

thanks rob

Unfortunately not. We always make a list of changes as seen on new versions at applications and apply some notes if necessary. I would request something similar from your supplier. Always keep an incremental backup to be able to revert. Make good arrangements in case of dispute. But I guess you know all that.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development /

In our case, outsourcing we do is always related to apps where other parts involved is not working. I mean.
      You have a project with apps login, grid_customers, form_customers, grid_documents, form_documents and so on.
      If you hire us to work over form_documents, obviously, you don't have to work over this app while is under "our control". You can't compare in a easy way what we do otherwise doing manually.

Could be an interesting feature by the way, but first, is needed a complete INCREMENTAL behaviour. I mean, when you increment version, all things related to project should be saved, and right now, external libs for example are not affected by this, we rename manually.

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions