No announcement yet.

ScriptCase v8.0.017 (11-14-2014 17:13)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, I cannot set 127.0.0.1 as I'm on a virtual hosted server on a provider. W2012 server with ssd.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

hmmmm, thought each one should have a pc with his own development environment locally! anyways, really that minimized the generation time in wonder for me long time ago

ok, in the virtual server, i mean where the sc dev env is running, r u using a dns to your dbms? when doing a connection in sc, if you are using a dns instead of ip then give it a try and see if that make sense with generating..

cheers

Comment

The advantage of using a hosted server is that you can reach it from everywhere. So we can work on it no matter where we are. Otherwize you need to keep your pc running etc. Again, the problem is that generation times has increased compared to the previous release. It's not the issue how to reduce it. However, i'm aware of the ip issue and all is configured well. cya.
        Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
          The advantage of using a hosted server is that you can reach it from everywhere. So we can work on it no matter where we are. Otherwize you need to keep your pc running etc. Again, the problem is that generation times has increased compared to the previous release. It's not the issue how to reduce it. However, i'm aware of the ip issue and all is configured well. cya.
          thanks albert i understand your point, and i'm sure you are doing great job there. Tried this approach earlier when on trial version prior to getting the serial, in order to work on it from anywhere, but all my images, info, documents and stuff are on my pc anyway so will need the pc ready all the time, plus, the deployment in my case will be to different servers so decided to work locally since got super pc will make it easier and work faster

hmmmm in Armageddon movie, when Steve Buscemi in the space rides on the nucular bomb and keep saying "no nuke, no nuke" because he was depressed somehow, they catch him and tight him

i guess we need to do the same to SC guys saying "no bugs, no bugs" loool

i have an issue with exit/back button took me over 5 days now just irritating, removes the SQL select, also buttons do appear and disappear alone! summary sometimes doesn't work, i made it big to them they accessed my pc said "create new grid" and summary button worked.... but later on stopped again... i guess there is a point that starts the issue but couldn't identfy it... created many new grids and processed step by step slowly with testing, then suddenly, once start with group by thing things go really bad... don't even know how to explain or define it probably to support or bugs people

alternatively, i made some workarounds to overcome that, created 6+ grids instead of 1, but still an issue need to be addressed

again, to be optimistic, their attention and care increased recently, that make you feel that people are listening to end users, which is promising

Comment

Fail to start http with fresh install of Scriptcase 8.0.17 in OS X 10.10 with following error:

Incompatible library version: httpd requires version 6.0.0 or later, but libaprutil-1.0.dylib provides version 4.0.0

Comment

The standard CodeMirror approach to setting fonts will not work because of what NM did in the first few lines of scriptcase8.css:

Code:
              *{
              	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
              	font-size: 12px;
              }
              Really bad practice using a catch-all like that.

As a workaround, you can edit the theme css file for your new theme and put this at the top of the file:

Code:
              .CodeMirror-code div pre span span {font-family: Courier New;}
              It will give you the font that you want, however using the theme popup to change to another theme will not change the font back until you reload the page (like clicking on another event script).

Dave
              Dave Prue
              Code Whisperer
              Lahar International Corp
              www.lahar.net

Comment

Hello,

We will return to the Courier font in the next update.
                Best Regards,
                John L. Santos

Bug Tracker Team
                NetMake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by John L. Santos View Post
                  Hello,

We will return to the Courier font in the next update.
                  That would be great. I also would like to see the next thing fixed:

*{
                  font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                  font-size: 12px;
                  }
                  Albert Drent

Comment

are you kidding me guys! is this mean whatever you customize the font and so, it will stay Arial 12px!! grrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                      are you kidding me guys! is this mean whatever you customize the font and so, it will stay Arial 12px!! grrrrrrrrrr
                      I said fixed. Currently this is an incorrect statement. But if you remove it, it causes other problems.
                      Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                      X