No announcement yet.

ScriptCase v8.1.000 (07-16-2015 00:55)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Giu, that is a lot of detailed info, appreciated.

Actually this should be available to everyone, because it is confusing... also want to add to your explaination, that this is required to run sc8.1, and it is not related to the production environment that the applications/projects will be published on... that is confusing as well, many people, including myself, I thought first that php 5.6 is required for the production as well in order to have the projects out of 8.1 work ok...

now, final decison, i have my sc8.0 folder in c:\scriptcase8, i will make full backup (already done) for the folder along with components folders.

try1: will make the automatic update run, and see what it will do, if php was replaced to 5.6, well and good..i will leave it, if not, i will rollback

try2: i will install new one with php 5.6 from the installer on different path, say c:\sc81 as you said, and make some tests, if all ok during the tests, i will requst sc guys to move my serial to the new one 8.1, thats it

I was really hoping for simpler solution that upgrades all complenets and 8.0 to 8.1 without much headache, it is scriptcase "theme" to make us dig dig, nothing comes easy, that should be their slogan lool

i will add you on skype

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
      Thank you Giu, that is a lot of detailed info, appreciated.

Actually this should be available to everyone, because it is confusing... also want to add to your explaination, that this is required to run sc8.1, and it is not related to the production environment that the applications/projects will be published on... that is confusing as well, many people, including myself, I thought first that php 5.6 is required for the production as well in order to have the projects out of 8.1 work ok...
      About production don't know, sorry. Maybe will work under 5.4.

now, final decison, i have my sc8.0 folder in c:\scriptcase8, i will make full backup (already done) for the folder along with components folders.

try1: will make the automatic update run, and see what it will do, if php was replaced to 5.6, well and good..i will leave it, if not, i will rollback
      No. Upgrade from inside SC will not update components. It just will upgrade your SC instance, to SC 8.1 (PHP 5.4)

try2: i will install new one with php 5.6 from the installer on different path, say c:\sc81 as you said, and make some tests, if all ok during the tests, i will requst sc guys to move my serial to the new one 8.1, thats it
      This is my reommended way. Is faster under PHP 5.6 and right now hosters works almost all under this PHP version.

I was really hoping for simpler solution that upgrades all complenets and 8.0 to 8.1 without much headache, it is scriptcase "theme" to make us dig dig, nothing comes easy, that should be their slogan lool

i will add you on skype

cheers
      Normally upgrades don't needs too much to do, just backup and click. This time, and upgrade of PHP is optional and you have more options to do it.
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

again thanks Giu,

I'm still didn't do it, I want to have some day off so I can manage in case failed... however, I'm really curious, I was in the webinar when Marcia said that if 5.6 is not used, then we will not have new feature... fine, now they make it optional, is it only for fast SC performance, or it is really related to new features as well!? makes difference actually, because if there is features will not work unless 5.6 is used, and they keep it working on 5.4 then I'm sure there will be internal errors and issues, hopefully is for the performance only, it will then make sense to me.

Comment

Instalé de cero SC 8.1
          Importo proyecto (todo bien)
          Cuando vuelvo a ingresar a SC no guardó el icono del proyecto importado y por lo tanto no lo puedo abrir.
          Será un bug?

Comment

Originally posted by anibal View Post
            Instalé de cero SC 8.1
            Cuando vuelvo a ingresar a SC no guardó el icono del proyecto importado y por lo tanto no lo puedo abrir.
            Será un bug?
            Please, in english in this thread.
            I had problems in the past with icons, but I always can open projects. Has you some error?
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by anibal View Post
              Instalé de cero SC 8.1
              Será un bug?

Hello,

Make sure your user has permissions to access the project.
              Best Regards,
              John L. Santos

Bug Tracker Team
              NetMake - IT Solutions

Comment

Hola John,
                mi usuario es siempre Admin.
                Importo bien el Project. Genero aplicaciones y ejecuto normalmente.
                El problema es q' SC 8.1 no guarda o muestra el ícono del Project para abrirlo la próxima vez q' ingreso.
                Si lo vuelvo a importar me dice q' ya existe, si lo quiero reemplazar.

Comment

Working...
                X