Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is Scriptcase 6 going to be released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When is Scriptcase 6 going to be released?

[quote author=zacc link=topic=4728.msg14543#msg14543 date=1326901347]
    To Ghulma and all the others (like me) who are waiting for SC6, I still think that most serious developers know that it is better to have a good product that is late, than the other way around! So here's hoping SC6 is stronger for being late. If not, keep it in the laboratory, because who has time to hunt down bugs?
    [/quote]

I agree. Working with SC 5.2 was a pain when it was first released because of the bugs. Nonetheless SC is a great product.
    Regards,

Ishwor

Comment

We all know that sc is good product.
      To sc team. please be careful in giving a date to be release...
      but as a developer i always understand...
      Regards,
      Ghulma

Comment

We are planing to release next monday 23th, everthing is on the rigth tracks to release it.
        Best regards,
        Carlos Lacerda.
        ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
        Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
        Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Lets get it on.
          Regards,
          Ghulma

Comment

[quote author=ghulma link=topic=4728.msg14563#msg14563 date=1327024792]
            Lets get it on.
            [/quote]

I'm gonna sit and wait for you guys to do the debugging <grin>
            The GuiGuy
            ... from Down Under

Comment

Today, 23rd January 2012. Seems like SC6 not yet ready for download......

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to Everyone

Comment

hello @all,

will there be a way to install sc6 AND sc 5.2 on one (windows) machine parallel? i am working on some jobs for my customers and be a bit afraid that there could be some bugs in 6, so i dont want to delete 5.2.

is that possible?

thanks

Comment

any news?

Comment

Calm down.

They promise is 23rd January 2012. And according to their facebook, (4 hours ago) 98% done. Will release it Today..... (less then 10 minutes will be 24th January 2012). Hopefully they can keep their words.... LOL

09 Jan 2012.... 16 Jan 2012... 23 Jan 2012.... (Expected 30 Jan 2012???).....

Comment

owww noooooo....
                      where are u scv6....????

anyway..as you did before......set a release in many date...
                      so what now.. we wait until it comes

Edit: Please do not advertise 3rd party commercial tools.
                      Regards,
                      Ghulma

Comment

i'm a little tired of waiting

if i wait more, my anual subscription to scriptcase will die and i won't be able to upgrade anyway

Comment

Hi guys,
                          I'm also really disappointed about how Netmake is deploying the new release.
                          Please consider seriously the deployment path with real milestones and dates, come only to your community when you consider every step on your deployment path has succeeded otherwise you will lose credibility and that's not good these days in the current economic scenario.
                          in summary, BE SERIOUS do not create FRUSTRATION or FALSE EXPECTATIONS.

Regards

Comment

hmmm....seems sc6 have many bug.

Comment

[quote author=emmauniemp link=topic=4728.msg14618#msg14618 date=1327390997]
                              i'm a little tired of waiting

if i wait more, my anual subscription to scriptcase will die and i won't be able to upgrade anyway
                              [/quote]

Maybe they run out of fund to run the project. This is why they keep delay the SC v6 Launching. and hopefully all users will continue paying the renewal subscription.

Seems like the longer they delay, the more NEGATIVE news for their reputation.

Comment

Well, what the people behind Netmake/Scriptcase don't realize is that they shouldn't have started the hype about SC 6 back in August of last year when it was clear that they couldn't deliver.

They specifically lured people into extending their "upgrade option" which is what in legal terms is called "false advertising". For example: we extended our option on September 10th, 2011 - now, 4 months later, still no SC 6 in sight.

They are at "98% with testing done??? Haha.
                                As every developer knows: the last 2 percent are the hardest and take the longest. I wouldn't be surprised if SC6 arrives in April 2012 or even later.

But the worst part is this: it's not just us developers who are waiting on the sidelines. We made promises to our customers as well in regards to the new features. Now we are getting calls every week, and it is harder and harder to come up with new "explanations" for the delay. It's embarrassing for us and we loose our reputation the longer this goes on.

At the very least, I would expect a VERY senior executive of Netmake/Scriptcase to come forward now and give an official & realistic release date, even if it says "End of 2012".

Secondly, I would demand that the timer on the "upgrade option" they sold us on 4 months ago is being reset to a full year upon the actual release of SC6.

Comment

Working...
                                X