No announcement yet.

SC7: Version 7 announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it is like having some kind of déjà-vu (just kidding) ^^ Take the time to get it stable, otherwise no one is satisfied

Comment

Best way it not to give 'false-hopes'. Of course everybody is helped with a stable version, so if it's not, don't release. But don't advertize if you're not ready. As soon as the beta is there and there are no showstoppers on the testsite(s) you can make an anouncement for the new release. Now you always have unsatisfied clients: those who where expecting the new version and need to wait, people who bought the version and did not get what they expected etc. Just don't do that.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

The SC V6 had some nervy problems in the beginning (memory leaks in lib-editor, still problems with backup of single applications). I will NEVER change to SC V7 with my active projects because I don't want to be BETA-tester for SC and the risk to be murdered by my own customers.....

Regards
        Uwe

Comment

Yes, it is a gamble. Last time they released ver 6 the cost went up and I had to pay extra for new version. This time I think I will renew early. Pfeiffer, I still have one of my major projects on Ver 5, but started new ones on ver 6. One good thing is SC does release bug fixes almost every week so most major problems are taken care of in a month or two. I have to say this is better than some scripts I have purchased.

On another note, hate to admit it, but I don't have a third party tester for the scripts I create with SC. Most of it works pretty well out of the gate, but I always have some bugs and tweaks needed.
          Last edited by rickallen; 01-05-2013, 02:50 AM.
          Latest version of Scriptcase updated regularly. Hosted on my own Cpanel server running php 5.4x and Centos. Use latest version of Firefox for development browser.

Comment

That's one of the flaws of SC. If you run an update you can't go back. So despite sticking to 6 for some projects, you have to wait and see after each update. Before every update you need a full backup of SC directories and sometimes I forget. Fortunately you can run 7 and 6 besides each other. So upgrading is a less risky operation than the regular updates imho. After all, you can continue developing in 6, and test in 7 until you're satisfied.
            Albert Drent
            aducom software netherlands
            scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
            www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Actually, my SC5 script converted great to SC6 as far as function. My custom theme didn't do so well though so I left it on 5 until I can fix that. I'll have to deal with it pretty soon though.

I'm glad that SC allows running each major version separate. Smart move on their part and hope they never change that.
              Latest version of Scriptcase updated regularly. Hosted on my own Cpanel server running php 5.4x and Centos. Use latest version of Firefox for development browser.

Comment

Working...
              X