Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC v8.00.0034

Hi

I bought SC two years ago, but because of a change of system specifications I didn't use it; Now I'am studying the courses and tutorials because I'am evaluating if I can use it to convert a desktop app to web. My upgrade time expired in Nov/29/2014 and I'am using version 8.00.0034; I don't want to spend two hundred bucks upgrading to 8.1 before I know if I can really use it to convert the desktop application; My problem is that I have found what I believe is a serious bug and would like to know if using my expiration date which is the last 8.0x SC version that I can download and if it is greater than my current version, where I can download it?

(The bug is that in a Search application, the link of capture type doesn't show the button to go to another form to select a specific record)

Thx in adv.
    Hugo

You can of course download 8.1 on another computer. Then import your project and test it. Since sc runs in trial mode you should have enough time to check it.
    Dont install it on the same machine where you have your 8.00..0034 running yet...

Comment

Originally posted by rr View Post
      You can of course download 8.1 on another computer. Then import your project and test it. Since sc runs in trial mode you should have enough time to check it.
      Dont install it on the same machine where you have your 8.00..0034 running yet...
      You can't import projects in trial.
      BTW, as far as I know, he can update, but will not get the new features of 8.1, just bugfixing AFAIR

(The bug is that in a Search application, the link of capture type doesn't show the button to go to another form to select a specific record)
      As rr suggested, install a 8.1 trial, and replicate the application with basic features a new form just to test if this happens to you in latests versions.
      8.1 is very stable IMHO.
      If you attach an export of the apps with a dump of the database, I can try to test it on my enviroment and report to you if it fails.
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

Giu: Great guy, always helpfull

Comment

Thx for the answers, will do that.

> BTW, as far as I know, he can update, but will not get the new features of 8.1, just bugfixing AFAIR

Interesting; Will do that first.

Comment

Originally posted by rr View Post
            Giu: Great guy, always helpfull
            You'll blush me
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
            X