Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-sale question

I have few questions regarding buying a license:
    - would SC run locally with no internet connection (i.e. XAMP runing on Windows) ?
    - has anybody tried ScripCase App with Joomla + Jumi component (opinions) ?
    - is there any return policy (if I am not happy with the product) ?

Arthur

Re: pre-sale question

1: yes.
    2: yes, Jscriptcase is better for integrating SC and Joomla
    3: you can dowload a trial version for free. Using the trial should give you an idea.

Comment

Thanks for your time,...

if so, can I deploy any application created with the Trial Version on the server to see how the deployment process works, and to see the speed of data processing ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      - can I use generator to store images into BLOB
      - any examples of embeding objects like: maps, videos, flash ?
      - can I create an application which connects to more than one dB at the time ?
      - are there any templates, examples and is it possible at all to create mobile Apps and pages ?
      - are there any tools to allow easy transfer of existing Application from one server to another ?
      - what is guaranteed response time for technical support issues ?
      - are there any components to integrate with DRUPAL ?
      - is technical support a subjec to any charges in the feature, or it is lifetime ?

Arthur

Comment

if so, can I deploy any application created with the Trial Version on the server to see how the deployment process works, and to see the speed of data processing ?
        YES.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        - can I use generator to store images into BLOB
        YES
        - any examples of embeding objects like: maps, videos, flash ?
        YES
        - can I create an application which connects to more than one dB at the time ?
        YES when you program a second connection manually. NO, when using default functionality
        - are there any templates, examples
        YES
        - and is it possible at all to create mobile Apps and pages ?
        NOT SURE
        - are there any tools to allow easy transfer of existing Application from one server to another ?
        NO, but it's not that difficult
        OOPS, support is the weak point of SC....
        - are there any components to integrate with DRUPAL ?
        NOT SURE, for joomla there is
        - is technical support a subjec to any charges in the feature, or it is lifetime ?
        SUPPORT, you pay on a yearly basis but this is not mandatory of course.

Just try the trial!

Comment

Freezer !
          First of all, thank you very much for your time and suggestions.... I really appreciate you do this.

- and is it possible at all to create mobile Apps and pages ?
          NOT SURE

Ok, perhaps somebody from the Tech support can answer this ?
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO, but it's not that difficult

OK, where can I find any information on how to do this. I would like to know as well how to transfer fomr LOCALHOST to production server more in detail. Are there any issues ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOPS, support is the weak point of SC....

can you be more specific, what the problems you face???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORT, you pay on a yearly basis but this is not mandatory of course.

if tech.support is so poor, I wonder how much they ask one to pay annually ?

================================================== =========================

- can I build a fully working App (even using a sample Apps), deploy it and run it on remote sever with the TRIAL VERSION ?

- what are the other weak poins, disadvantages and things you do not like ?
          - how does SC interact with multilanguage sites in Joomla (i.e Joomfish)
          - what if your opinion about the FORUM help ?

Arthur

Comment

OK, where can I find any information on how to do this. I would like to know as well how to transfer fomr LOCALHOST to production server more in detail. Are there any issues ?
            - deploying from development to production is almost the same as moving to a different production server:
            1. You just deploy (or copy) the application to a (different) server from within SC. (assuming server is configured properly_
            2. create the database tables
            3. connect the application to the database by creating a production db connection (from within the application)
            (It's really easy).

can you be more specific, what the problems you face???
            - no guaranteed response times to support tickets (only chat support gives reasonable response times)
            - communicating with support is hard, because of lack of knowledge of English language
            - because they handle most support issues by chat, no public knowledge base is available.
            - support employees are barely active on the forum

if tech.support is so poor, I wonder how much they ask one to pay annually ?
            - I'm not sure about $150 each year.

- can I build a fully working App (even using a sample Apps), deploy it and run it on remote sever with the TRIAL VERSION ?
            - Yes
            what are the other weak poins, disadvantages and things you do not like ?
            - documentation is poor
            - English translations in the documentation and tool are poor.
            - as mentioned above, there's no knowledge base. The forum is slowly getting more useful.
            - overall it's a great tool with lots of possibilities and options to extend apps with custom code. Generating a nice looking (ajax powered) form is really peanuts.

Code:
            how does SC interact with multilanguage sites in Joomla (i.e Joomfish)
            - no joomfish support, but you cannot expect this from an application development tool (that's what SC is). It seems that SC has its own multi-language support, but haven't used it yet.

Comment

Working...
            X