X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use the same software on Laptop & Desktop

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase SC, but I've a couple of Questions,

Q1. Can I install same software on Laptop and Desktop, because sometime I've to visit my clients site, and I can work easily on my laptop for client application.

Q2. My some clients asking the source code, can I provide the source code of the application, are they can modify application in future, if not then what is the best solutions for this.

Q3. Can I develop unlimited applications or there is restrictions ...

thanks
    Ahmer

Re: Can I use the same software on Laptop & Desktop

Code:
    Q1. Can I install same software on Laptop and Desktop, because sometime I've to visit my clients site, and I can work easily on my laptop for client application.
    As far as I know on windows SC runs only on 1 machine due to license activation on that specific machine. When using linux you have some more flexibility I understood though not supported by Netmake.

Code:
    Q2. My some clients asking the source code, can I provide the source code of the application, are they can modify application in future, if not then what is the best solutions for this.
    The source code of the generated applications is available after generating apps. I would suggest to use SC as the repository for changes though, and keep away from hacks in generated code.

Code:
    Q3. Can I develop unlimited applications or there is restrictions ...
    You can develop as much applications as you wish.

Comment

about the first question, if you want to use your scriptcase wherever you want, you can install the tool in a host.
      so in your home, office or another place you just put the address in your browser
      e.g.: http://IPhostort/urscriptcase

Comment

But Max, that's not what developers want. Developers nowadays have multiple devices they want to work on at maximum speed. This cannot be achieved using your suggestion.

Why is Netmake so anxious about developers installing SC on 2 or 3 different devices?

Comment

I can see being able to install the environment with 1 serial # on two different devices. But, with more virtualization IDK, maybe not so much anymore.... Dev environments are getting virtualized and thus you could shuttle your environment around as needed...

Though, I think SC would be customer centered if they said you can have 2 boxes, or 2 ip's using your single serial #. Or allow adding "seats" to your Professional license for a nominal fee...

Be good for SC to have more regular reoccuring revenue as the value of the work they do is greater than the cost even if it cost me more $ a year or in one go...

best -

David

Comment

I absolutelly agree with the Freezer. The way SC is licensed now is VERY INCONVENIENT. I have to admin I did not tested SC extensively before buying it, but even if I would I woud not figure out this type of limitation. Because of this limitation I'm still considering if I should go with some other tools than SC, which are much more comfortable in sense of development freedom.

Art

Comment

Working...
            X