Licensing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing

This post is mostly addressed to NetMake developers, but if you agrre with this request please add yourself to the list.

I just checked how 3 other popular tools are licensed and found that SC is most restrictive.
    ExtJS ( AKA Sencha tools), LiveCode and Codecharge Studio. all af them allow to create multiple installation on multiple machines. The license is either per/machine OR per/user. this way user has a choice and it makes development much more flexible. I would like to see this type of licensing in SC.

Art

Re: Licensing

Once in a while we sit down to discuss how the licesing will work, and let me tell you that will be hard to change it the way it is, imagine if we open for multiple registration, someone can buy it and install in 50 machines, ok lets limit in 3 the number of instalation, what we are going to tell our customers who bought 2-3 licenses? Can you see the problem?
    Best regards,
    Carlos Lacerda.
    ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
    Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
    Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Hi Carlos,

sry, but I do not really see the problem. Sometimes it happens, that the line to my server disconnects and I have to log in again. After typing in my login data, the script tells me, that my license is in use by another user. This makes me think, that there is a connection between my server and a SC-server. Am I wrong?

Eric

Comment

I donīt understand that whole problem !
        If you will use MS Office on 2 Computers you have to buy 2 licences - If you have 2 Computers you have bought 2 Licences of Windows

So close this thread as it makes no sense !!

Comment

I strongly disagree, because somehow other vendors which manufacture similar software have this problem solved. The way it is usually resolved is by licensing PER USER not per PC. As I have mentioned already I used CODE CHARGE STUDIO in the past and there was no problem installing it on 2 machines. I have always however used one one of the two, so I was always in compliance with the license. Not sure how other top tools (ie. WindDev, Sencha etc) have this resolved but users are happy they can easily use desktop OR notebook computer.

MS-OFFICE example licensing is irrelevant as this is completely different type of software. I have at least a dozen of other software packages which allow miltiple (or I should say 2 PC installations). I this if NetMake (without big changes in the software) allows at least 2 multiple installations everybody will be happy. I would be even willing to pay (say) extra $100 to be able to use multiple machines (ona at a time), but spending another $300-500 just to do that (while I'm the only user) is a nonsense to me. On top of thet NetMake desn't offer any discounts on multiple licensing (which is very bad marketing practice).

Arthur

Comment

Sorry, but this is a decision of Netmake and why should they change it when one user wants this feature.
            As long as i went through the forum, i never saw someone who figured this as a problem.
            When i see all your questions and comments in the forum, i saw that you are not really trying the software before buying it.
            My really opinion is, that you better try to get the marketing stuff from Netmake and try to give back your software, as to find faults on everything they have done with this software.

Comment

[quote author=EricB link=topic=5885.msg14769#msg14769 date=1328078827]
              This makes me think, that there is a connection between my server and a SC-server. Am I wrong?

Eric
              [/quote]

Nope.. Just a session variable stored in DB

Comment

you might be right about only one thing, that I should go with another software....
                now would you be happy if more and more users will quit using SC and use some other tools ?
                I'm just considering Sencha as it doesn't have SC license limitations and it seems to as good as SC (if not better). I have a right to express my opinions (weather you like it or not). Also, if we all keep accepting "what is" there will be no progress in SC. You need to understand that the users are the driving force for the software to improve and expand. If the manufacturer does not listen to the users, they will soon die with their product. Obviously you should realize the fact that even spending lots of time on the trial version one would not be able to discover some limitations.

Regards - Art

Comment

Art
                  If you feel there are better tools, then go for it, but as you said we're all entitled to our opinions.

CodeCharge has had so little changes the last 4 years that it's ridiculous. Many of their users, including myself, have gone somewhere else because it has been stagnant.

WinDev does allow you to install on multiple computers but it uses a usb dongle to accomplish that, so if your dongle breaks or you forget to bring it with you, you get to do no work.

I have searched for many years for the perfect Holy Grail of software, one that would do everything I want it to do, and I haven't found it yet. There are trade offs with every piece of software, whether it's complexity to use, it's complexity to completely learn, etc.

Alan

Comment

how many days we can got the licensed?i'm already pay but until now no respond from script case

Comment

Please post questions like these to sales @ scriptcase.net. This is a user forum. Keep in mind generally spoken, that payments can take a short while due to time tables and processing time by the provider. If your payment hasn't been processed in a day or two I would email / call SC.
                      Albert Drent
                      aducom software netherlands
                      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by tri View Post
                        how many days we can got the licensed?i'm already pay but until now no respond from script case
                        Please get in touch with our sales team: sales@scriptcase.net

regards,
                        Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Originally posted by tri View Post
                          How long can we got the licensed? I've paid via paypal to day but have no response. please help!

Comment

Old post I know. I develop on windows machine and have to use go to pc remotely to access scriptcase. Works great. Besides, how could you manage projects on multiple machines? App files would have to be synchronized each time you update a project.
                            Latest version of Scriptcase updated regularly. Hosted on my own Cpanel server running php 5.4x and Centos. Use latest version of Firefox for development browser.

Comment

Originally posted by rickallen View Post
                              Besides, how could you manage projects on multiple machines?
                              Use a webserver in intra- oder internet. When a database-access to local databases is necessary, then use a web server in the DMZ. You have one machine with your projects and you can simply access and develop from all over the world. VPN access for high security.
                              Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Working...
                              X