Hmmmm, interestinng...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm, interestinng...

So I thought I'd see about upgrading my 5.2.

I click the relevant button and enter my serial and get

Your license cannot be automatically upgraded due to some restrictions.

Your license was not found.
    No matter, I'm making Waves at the moment
    The GuiGuy
    ... from Down Under

Re: Hmmmm, interestinng...

My sincere apologies. I must have misunderstood. Because, you see, usually with software one can "upgrade"

I just tried again and this time I got:

Your license version must be V6 or greater to use our upgrade/migration system.
    SO, to upgrade to version 6 I must have version 6. Since I have only version 5.2 it seems you want me to buy new again.

Sorry boys, not me...

The GuiGuy
    ... from Down Under

Comment

as I suspect before,we are all lost in time ... although it may
      upgrade to sc6.01 , may not be able to achieve the above version sc6.40,,

Comment

[quote author=Masbro link=topic=5922.msg14909#msg14909 date=1328708818]
        as I suspect before,we are all lost in time ... although it may
        upgrade to sc6.01 , may not be able to achieve the above version sc6.40,,
        [/quote]

Sorry, Masbro, I don't quite understand what you mean.

But my point was that there does not seem to be an upgrade path from 5.2 to 6. If that is so, they have just lost a customer.
        The GuiGuy
        ... from Down Under

Comment

@GuiGuy
          SC is working on the issue. Carlos thinks they have it resolved and it will be available in the next few hours.
          Alan

Comment

There was a problem but was already fixed, of course you can upgrade you license, you do not have to buy the v6 license!

Send me your license number (carlos@scriptcase.net) and i will check it out what is going on
            Best regards,
            Carlos Lacerda.
            ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
            Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
            Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Actually I just went into the dev room complaining about it and they told me that they are changing this upgrade thing right now, late today it will be changed, try in a few please!
              Best regards,
              Carlos Lacerda.

Comment

The license upgrade still does not work...

So, my company renew the license for scriptcase.

My license will end at 23/ oct /2012

I install the V6 version on Ubuntu, (the 5.2 version is on a Microsoft machine), and when I try to move the license I obtain:

"This serial number is for another version of this product. Check if this licence is for your product version. If the error persist, contact NetMake."

Ok, what to do now?

Thanks.

Comment

Did you use your new license that is at "My Scriptcase" area in our website? or you tried to use the 5.2 serial number?
                  Best regards,
                  Carlos Lacerda.

Comment

[quote author=carlos link=topic=5922.msg15306#msg15306 date=1330431825]
                    Did you use your new license that is at "My Scriptcase" area in our website? or you tried to use the 5.2 serial number?
                    [/quote]

I tried the same 5.2 serial number.

That because I read as much information as I can on whole scripcase site regarding the migration process, but I didn't find any information that I must use the "my scriptcase" area in order to use the new license.

I never used that area before, because this "reserved" area have no added value for me. Maybe becase when I try to login, it doesn't recognise me.

By the way, if the support send some information by email regarding this feature on how to upgrade scriptcase, I'm sure that I didn't receive it.

Also, reading the problem that all the other users are experiencing, I think that I will wait a couple of months before upgrading.

One more thing: can you tell me if I can use the 5.2 version and the 6 version side-by-side, in order to make a smoother migration, or when I will upgrade the license, my 5.2 version will stop work?

That because I still need the two version: the 5.2 will mantain the old programs, until I can migrate all the application to the new version.

Your aswer is critical in order to decide what migration path I will follow.

Regards,
                    Giuseppe Giardina.

Comment

You can have both scriptcases working at the same time, when you upgrade your v5 license will continue working.
                      Best regards,
                      Carlos Lacerda.

Comment

[quote author=carlos link=topic=5922.msg15339#msg15339 date=1330709779]
                        You can have both scriptcases working at the same time, when you upgrade your v5 license will continue working.
                        [/quote]

@carlos,
                        AFAIK, SC5.n will only run on PHP5.2. SC6.n, according to what I have read only runs on PHP5.3 or later.

Ergo, the two installs cannot reside on the same machine, correct?

Cheers

The GuiGuy
                        ... from Down Under

Comment

Dears,
                          I tried to upgrade my license on your site, and this is the aswer:

According to our records, you already have a serial for version 6. Your situation must be reviewed by our licensing department.
                          Check in My ScriptCase above to see your V6 license.

An email has been sent to our department with this information. Please wait our contact.

Ok, I can wait a day or two for your aswer, but I need to test the new version and the upgrade issues. I have enought virtual machines for testing the product, in order to not mix the working installation with the test installation.

But I'm SURE that I have NOT requested a new license until few minutes ago (the timestamp of the post), because I'm the only authorized user for scripcase in my company.

Best regards,
                          Giuseppe Giardina.

Comment

Dears,

Finally I have solved the issue: I have installed the license and the installation now appear OK.

The problem is that the upgrade path is NOT documented, and you do not take into account that not always the same user that use the tool have the password for the reserved area.

What appened to me was that my company bought the license and the accounting department have access to the restricted area.
                            But I'm the user, and you do not write down that only the registered user that bought the license can access the reserved area.

And, no, you can't tell me that this was obvious, because if this was so evident, why I do this mistake?

It was not clear that only them can access the license code.

My suggestion, and a common problem in Scriptcase, is that procedures are NOT documented, or only few hints are given to the user, often leading to the wrong way.

If you better document this and other problem, lot of NON-issue (like mine) can be solved simply looking at the documentation.

As i wrote in another topic, the tool is great, but the lack of documentation is frustrating.

Regards,
                            Giuseppe Giardina

Comment

Working...
                            X