Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ScriptCase experience

Hello everyone,

Here is my experience with ScriptCase for the past 30 days.
    I was impressed with ScriptCase's features and ease of use from the very first time I started the program, but I wanted to be sure this was the program for me. After evaluating some 40 products over a 30 day period, I purchased ScriptCase today.

Bruna Azevedo from the sales department answered all my questions - always within a 24 hour period. Many of the competitors never answered any questions or even acknowledged my emails. Some competitors sent an automated email, but never followed up.

My evaluation came down to 3 products. One didn't have the reporting features that I need, well that my customers need. The other didn't have the flexibility in editing and rearranging layouts, blocks, etc.

Bottom line is that Bruna was always there answering my questions even though I wasn't a paying customer yet.
    I purchased the product at 1 pm (Texas, USA) time and by 1:30 pm I had an email with my serial number. Within 5 minutes I was up and running with the registered version. I have recompiled all of my apps and will deploy several later today.

Now it is time to get back to work.

Ted Berry

Re: My ScriptCase experience

Ok, now you are ready to have problems, especially with deploying your applications on a production server...
    ScriptCase let me save time when developing but now I'm wasting a lot of time (days) to understand how to deploy applications and DB and there's only one document explaining deploy, even if it is a wizard...

Comment

I'm working with SC for 2 years. At first I had problems to understand the process of deploying, but now it's no problem.
      I always make FTP directly to my server...and it works..

Regards
      Uwe Pfeiffer

Comment

I didn't have any problems. What problems are you having? I would be interested for future reference.

Ted

Comment

yes, even I never had any problems

Comment

Hello everybody and thaks for your answers !

This is what I did to deploy my applications :

I've deployed with SC Wizard as a zip and saved applications zip on a local folder, extracted and uploaded on a folder on my online website.
            Saved all libraries as zip and extrected on "_lib" folder online.
            Loaded the "_lib/prod" web interface, changed default password with a new one and configured tmp folder.

Tried to reach my ScriptCase applications but the only thing I've reached is a message :
            "can't find common libraries"
            What should I do now ?
            Thanks
            Raimondo

Comment

Raimondo,

why are you using two zip-files ?

I do the normal deployment with the wizard, so i have one file with all needed files. this one i extract on my local machine and ftp it on the webserver.

If the connection is already set, nothing else has to be done. If it is a new application you have to configure the DB connection and set the password, thatīs all for me !

Comment

[quote author=teddyberry link=topic=6197.msg15744#msg15744 date=1333481673]
                Hello everyone,

Here is my experience with ScriptCase for the past 30 days.
                I was impressed with ScriptCase's features and ease of use from the very first time I started the program, but I wanted to be sure this was the program for me. After evaluating some 40 products over a 30 day period, I purchased ScriptCase today.

[/quote]

Well done, Ted.

[s]I, unfortunately, have not been so lucky; I first took on SC at version 4. Now, at version 5.2.

EIGHT or so weeks ago due to a system crash I needed to install to new hardware. THREE times I have requested a replacement license number from the correct channels/ email addresses and posts here. I am still waiting.

I'd upgrade to SC6 but if they are are not going to give me a replacement registration code, if i cannot salvage my existing 5.2 projects, what is the point?

Cheers
                [/s]

I've now overcome this- I found a copy of a serial I had written down some time ago and it worked.
                The GuiGuy
                ... from Down Under

Comment

GuiGuy,

Glad to see you back up and running.

Ted

Comment

[quote author=teddyberry link=topic=6197.msg15851#msg15851 date=1334462289]
                    GuiGuy,

Glad to see you back up and running.

Ted
                    [/quote]

Yea, so was I. And I was surprised that the registration code work because I thought it was locked into the PC it's installed on (?).

However, my dramas continue - backups created with SC5.2 will not restore into SC5.2

The GuiGuy
                    ... from Down Under

Comment

[quote author=Gerd Dietrich link=topic=6197.msg15843#msg15843 date=1334420907]
                      Raimondo,

why are you using two zip-files ?

I do the normal deployment with the wizard, so i have one file with all needed files. this one i extract on my local machine and ftp it on the webserver.

If the connection is already set, nothing else has to be done. If it is a new application you have to configure the DB connection and set the password, thatīs all for me !
                      [/quote]

Hi Gerd and thanks for your answer.
                      I'm using two zip files because it's the irst time I deploy and the wizard itself is giving me two zip files. The first contains all my applications and the second contains common libraries. I setted up the connection to the db and tested succesfully !
                      I will try what you suggested ! Tell me, please, did you ftp to your document root directly ? Or on a subfolder of your site ?

Comment

Hello,

I FTP'd mine to a folder just off the root. root/myfolder.
                        All works well!

Ted

Comment

Can't figure out...

Comment

Fast Response when i got licensing problem (reinstall Scriptcase because of php's file corrupt).
                            i got new serial SC after 2 hours waiting after sent my first email to license@scriptcase.net.

suyono

Comment

[quote author=suyonob link=topic=6197.msg17095#msg17095 date=1344005782]
                              Fast Response when i got licensing problem (reinstall Scriptcase because of php's file corrupt).
                              i got new serial SC after 2 hours waiting after sent my first email to license@scriptcase.net.

suyono
                              [/quote]

Hi, this is one of the few threads I'm still subscribed to here. Interesting to read through it though and I fee I need to add my 2c worth.

I gave up on SC for 2 reasons;

1) I installed the SC 6 trial and found there was no way to import my old SC5 backed up applications. I gave up.

2) I then went to "upgrade" and was advised my SC5 licence was invalid.

That's not the way to market a development platform.
                              The GuiGuy
                              ... from Down Under

Comment

Working...
                              X