Newsletter Surprise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter Surprise

I have been evaluating Scriptcase for the last couple of weeks and was pleasantly surprised by receiving a newsletter today about new tutorial videos. Then, at the bottom it said "Until the end of the month you can order your upgrade or new licences with $100 discount." I got excited and went to the web site to see if it was true. Imagine my dismay when I found out that the price had increased to $499 from $399 and they are just giving me the same price I saw a week and a half ago. Can anybody help me out with what this type of sales tactic is called?

Re: Newsletter Surprise

[quote author=brucelet link=topic=1756.msg5621#msg5621 date=1282774275]
    I have been evaluating Scriptcase for the last couple of weeks and was pleasantly surprised by receiving a newsletter today about new tutorial videos. Then, at the bottom it said "Until the end of the month you can order your upgrade or new licences with $100 discount." I got excited and went to the web site to see if it was true. Imagine my dismay when I found out that the price had increased to $499 from $399 and they are just giving me the same price I saw a week and a half ago. Can anybody help me out with what this type of sales tactic is called?
    [/quote]

<g>
    It seems a bit like the "Get up to 50%" sale promotion we see all too often. 50% off what, I ask?

The GuiGuy
    ... from Down Under

Comment

It's worth paying for a good product like scriptcase. ! and at the same time not worth for an poor supported product..!

getting Support from Script case is a BIG deal...!

Regards
      Dhana

Comment

Just to explain .. the enterprise original price is $599.00

I believe that the message was to say that ... the discount is still on untill the end of the month, but the price in the site is already with discount.

I dont work in the sales team, im one of the developers, but i really remember that the enterprise was $599 for sure.

If i can do anything else ... :-)

Comment

That's my point. Two weeks ago, the Pro version was $399 and the Enterprise was $599. Now, the prices have increased to $499 and $699 respectively, then we get a "special discount" of $100 through the end of this month. In other words, they increased the price to give us a discount back to the original price. Not really a discount, eh?

Comment

Working...
          X