Better PDF Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better PDF Reports

A new system to create enhanced pdf reports would be a great addition. Saving time while making quality reports would make SC even better. Right now creating a report is a huge hassle. Just take a look at SC's own sample project: http://www.scriptcase.net/scriptcase...ng-an-invoice/
    Load the last invoice: 1107-RATTC
    or the first one can you can see the issue with the overlap between the Product Name and Unit Price.

SC is a super polished product but the report creation system feels very very dated!

We dont need anything too fancy just a simple way to make reports with dynamic labels. This would be a great place to start. I'll make a list of features below. Everyone feel free to post and I'll update the list.

Features:
    Dynamic labels or at least the ability to add labels (by dynamic I mean so they move up or down according to the number of records, such as a total field).
    Drag and Drop Placement of fields.
    Subselect based on another subselect.
    Multiline Concatenated Fields.

Here is just one problem off the top of my head that I am facing:
    I have an integer field which I have concatenated to show the description as well. In the report I try to set it as Multiple Lines Text but it doesn't show up on multiple lines.

Will add more as soon as I remember them.
    Yes, most definitely.
    100.00%
    No. I can make do with the current system.
    0.00%
    Last edited by gamer99; 05-21-2014, 05:20 AM.

Originally posted by gamer99 View Post
    SC is a super polished product but the report creation system feels very very dated!
    It is certainly better, but maybe you have to deal with something so ...
    Attached Files
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

@Reinhard, looks good. Created with a gif as background like the Sc sample or created otherwise?
      @Gamer, I guess that there always will be things to improve. Personally I don't use the pdf currenty but need to soon. For me fixing the most frequent and long lasting bugs is the most important. As everybody sees, John L. is scanning the forum for issues. If there are some issues needs to be fixed then refresh your old post to put them here on top.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I agree with Albert. A report management better than the current (unusable from my point of view) would be desirable but there are more important things to deal with.
        If you really need PDF report, there are alternative ways as you can see from recent posts.
        Giorgio Bravi
        Dolphin Software & Thinkware
        www.dolphin.it

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll update my original post with the major problems/bugs I seem to be having.

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
            @Reinhard, looks good. Created with a gif as background like the Sc sample or created otherwise?
            Thanks. Its a .jpg as background.
            Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Hello,

I have just sent your suggestion to our team.

Just a quick tip, you can do a "Subselect based on another subselect" creating a view of that select. This may suit you.

regards,
              Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

In my opinion PDF SC module is quite bad and obsolete.
                I was unable to use it to create my invoicing because of it's huge limitations.
                It has also few bugs and I have a feeling that it wasn't changed almoust at all at list from version 5.

For my solution I used TCPDF which is really good in my opinion.
                So maybe this would be a good solution for SC?
                Using Ubuntu Linux 13.04 and SC Professional MySQL 7.1.last
                We need: good and complete documentation written in proper English

Comment

Just started working on ScriptCase last 2 weeks but to be honest I was a bit let down by the reporting application which lacks the luster of the other applications and interface and usage-wise seems a tad put together quickly. Come on ScriptCase you manage such a fantastic tool and then reports.....

+1 for better PDF reports certainly.

Comment

+1 for usable PDF reports.

Comment

As mentioned in other posts I am experiencing a solution with Jaspersoft iReport + Jaspertstarter and my intention in the future is to share the experience and produce a demo environment.
                      Just a little patience
                      Giorgio Bravi
                      Dolphin Software & Thinkware
                      www.dolphin.it

Comment

I think if sc can give an option to add page header for grid during pdf export will serve the purpose at least for 80%.

Comment

Working...
                        X