Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Responsive behavior needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Responsive behavior needed

    Hi all,
    I think that nowdays is something absolutly indispensable.
    Also the possibility to use SC to develop applications for mobile device ui

  • #2
    I agree although we have no major issues if tablets are the lowest requirements. Mobile phones is other stuff although screen resolutions become better and cheaper. I don't like the idea of having multi development for different platforms. But I would welcome the use of responsive design though...
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello,

      I will discuss your suggestion with our team.

      regards,
      Bernhard Bernsmann

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Bartho,

        just yesterday I showed a solution to a prospect and he owned a mid sized laptop and it was really frustating to see such bad display.
        Bye

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by giovannino View Post
          Hi Bartho,

          just yesterday I showed a solution to a prospect and he owned a mid sized laptop and it was really frustating to see such bad display.
          Bye
          Same thing happened with me. Netmake PLEASE take this issue seriously.
          Scriptcase V8.1 Enterprise Edition.

          Comment


          • #6
            MOBILE is a must !
            I want it for yesterday !


            Arthur
            -----------------------------------------
            Arthur Klisiewicz
            dATA POINT SOFTWARE
            www.datapointsoftware.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I too would love some sort of mobile friendly way to display our apps while minimizing the need for panning/scrolling. Grid apps generally don't even need all information displayed for mobile devices.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aka View Post
                MOBILE is a must !
                I want it for yesterday !


                Arthur
                Arthur, i received an email from netmake(scriptcase's owner) for renew my scriptcase subscribe and with the message came some new features of scriptcase 8 and one of them is the mobile apps friendly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  See bellow the full set of new features:


                  The Scriptcase version 8 aims to be one of the best existing BI tools in the market, and also transform it's solutions developed compatible and responsive withMOBILE environments.


                  Some of the new features in version 8 are:


                  Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
                  ▪ Improved themes customization using CSS3.
                  ▪ New chart selection interface.
                  ▪ New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
                  ▪ Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
                  ▪ New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
                  ▪ Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
                  ▪ Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
                  ▪ Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
                  ▪ Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
                  ▪ Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
                  ▪ Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
                  ▪ Updated the Code editor used in the events.
                  ▪ New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for the update.
                    It all sounds nice, but I wonder if you guys will ever ask in public what the developers want ?
                    Why not to publish a little survey on line (we can even use SC to build a little App for this) and put a list of proposed features. Later we could all vote on what we need the most and set priority simply by number of votes (hehe - democracy - right?).
                    This way you will have real feedback from what the MARKET WANTS as this doesn't have to be always what NetMake wants to implement.

                    My opinion: I do not know about other, but I really do not care about charts and chart features, and not so much about the calendar, but I care much more about the features for Grid/Form. Those are the most important.

                    More importantly I would like to see the old bugs fixed. If you would release SC8 (with no new features) but all bugs fixed - I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY.
                    Some of the bugs haven't been fixed for 2-3 years.


                    Based on my needs here is my rating (on a scale 0-10) for the new SC8 features
                    ================================================== =============

                    10 -Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
                    8-Improved themes customization using CSS3.
                    0-New chart selection interface.
                    3-New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
                    5-Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
                    0-New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
                    10-Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
                    8-Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
                    7-Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
                    5-Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
                    2-Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
                    2-Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
                    ?-Updated the Code editor used in the events.
                    ?-New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.

                    as you see (in my opinion) some features are really not much value...
                    I'm glad at least for the fact that NM moves towards mobile Apps - that is an improvement,...we will se how this will work in real life.


                    Anyway - do you have any time frame when SC8 will be available ?

                    Arthur
                    Last edited by aka; 05-04-2014, 12:05 AM.
                    -----------------------------------------
                    Arthur Klisiewicz
                    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                    www.datapointsoftware.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love calendars

                      Hi Arthur,
                      I am pretty excited about many of the new features. I have to be honest and say that it is a diverse set of new things, but for me, I am really happy for improvements to the calendar and the charts. My apps are heavy on both. So I guess it is a mixed bag, since we are all working on so many different things.

                      I do agree that few bugs at launch would be best. I really wish they would unleash the new version on a beta team of customer volunteers first. That way, they could get the first few waves of bug fixes done before general release of v8.

                      Peace,
                      Jamie


                      Originally posted by aka View Post
                      Thanks for the update.
                      It all sounds nice, but I wonder if you guys will ever ask in public what the developers want ?
                      Why not to publish a little survey on line (we can even use SC to build a little App for this) and put a list of proposed features. Later we could all vote on what we need the most and set priority simply by number of votes (hehe - democracy - right?).
                      This way you will have real feedback from what the MARKET WANTS as this doesn't have to be always what NetMake wants to implement.

                      My opinion: I do not know about other, but I really do not care about charts and chart features, and not so much about the calendar, but I care much more about the features for Grid/Form. Those are the most important.

                      More importantly I would like to see the old bugs fixed. If you would release SC8 (with no new features) but all bugs fixed - I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY.
                      Some of the bugs haven't been fixed for 2-3 years.


                      Based on my needs here is my rating (on a scale 0-10) for the new SC8 features
                      ================================================== =============

                      10 -Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
                      8-Improved themes customization using CSS3.
                      0-New chart selection interface.
                      3-New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
                      5-Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
                      0-New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
                      10-Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
                      8-Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
                      7-Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
                      5-Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
                      2-Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
                      2-Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
                      ?-Updated the Code editor used in the events.
                      ?-New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.

                      as you see (in my opinion) some features are really not much value...
                      I'm glad at least for the fact that NM moves towards mobile Apps - that is an improvement,...we will se how this will work in real life.


                      Anyway - do you have any time frame when SC8 will be available ?

                      Arthur

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I must agree to that. I have been trying to setup a beta team, and for a while it was going into the right direction. Unfortunately the management of SC appearantly didn't find that it was a good idea because the promissed licences never came through. So I stopped being an early adopter and move over if the amount of issues is decreasing on this forum. I'm affraid that the first editions of version 8 will be buggy although the most issues will be solved within a few weeks. But it will also mean that I will look into it *after* those weeks.
                        Albert Drent
                        aducom software netherlands
                        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X