[SOLVED] ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver

I'm getting this error when I tried to download an update from SC v7.0.005 to v7.0.006.

The full error is:

Syntax error in file: FULL PATH TO SC INSTALL FOLDER /prod/third/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo.inc.php

ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver ''

I have PDO installed on my server and SC seems to be working fine. This is the first time I have tried a version update, but I did test the update in the past and it seemed to work fine. It found a few things and installed them.

Now my installation is trashed and can not access it.

Help!
    Latest version of Scriptcase updated regularly. Hosted on my own Cpanel server running php 5.4x and Centos. Use latest version of Firefox for development browser.

Found the problem. The update set new file permissions to 204 and they would not run on my server. I am running as suPHP.
    Latest version of Scriptcase updated regularly. Hosted on my own Cpanel server running php 5.4x and Centos. Use latest version of Firefox for development browser.

Comment

This is not SOLVED at all !!!

Well done for finding the reason but it is not acceptable that the update should do this.

204 is Owner:Write and World: Read - What's the point of that.

I've found it incredibly hard to install on a brand new VPS I got for the job and I am sure most general hosting would not be up to it.

Script case is supposed to be easy for multi-developer use. It IS a FANTASTIC product once you actually get to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by cateappstech View Post
        This is not SOLVED at all !!!

Well done for finding the reason but it is not acceptable that the update should do this.

204 is Owner:Write and World: Read - What's the point of that.

I've found it incredibly hard to install on a brand new VPS I got for the job and I am sure most general hosting would not be up to it.

Script case is supposed to be easy for multi-developer use. It IS a FANTASTIC product once you actually get to use it.
        Admin set this as Solved, but as you can see from my post, I fixed this myself by resetting permissions manually.

Actually this is the first time I had a problem with an update. From what you say the current install file appears to have the same issue with setting permissions on files.

Comment

got this problem now, have just updated my platform and now getting this stupid error???!! WTF??
          I have no file or folder permission issues that I can tell, all as they should be, yet I am getting this stupid error on the front page, have confirmed the permissions are set to 777 on the conf, files, tmp folder. believe that to be the lot of them....

Nice this was closed with no explanation would of sure been helpful now... thank god I have this up on my demo site before full launch!!!

Comment

Working...
          X