Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page Block disappeared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Page Block disappeared

    I have a grid that suddenly does not have any blocks to display things in.

    When I go to "Fields positioning", I get the following error message in red:
    You must have a block page, so you can do the positioning. Access Layout > Blocks to configure
    There is no "Blocks" option under the Layout section.

    When I try to generate the code, I get the following error message in the generation log:
    Grid fields undefined
    version 7.00.0015

    And I double checked and there are no updated available.

  • #2
    The sql statements are available?
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

    I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes..

      I tried removing a field from the SQL, just for force a change. And that did not fix it.

      No fields were listed under the Fields tab, so I tried adding in a new field with the same name as one that was in the table. And I got a message that the field I was trying to create already existed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't get it, as grids don't have blocks, only forms do? Looks like a false error and/or something messed up. Can you create a new grid and look at that? Does it give you same error?
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vrtisworks View Post
          I tried removing a field from the SQL, just for force a change. And that did not fix it.
          ok. after restart sc the errors are gone?
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

          I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

          Comment


          • #6
            Albert,

            Thanks for the followup.

            I did create a new grid. Even did a copy/paste 0f the sql from the broken one to the new one. And it works fine.

            I guess that there is a block even in a grid. If I go to the new one and pick 'Edit Fields', it does show one 'block', named with the name of the application. This is what is missing from the bad one.

            The bad one used to work..

            With the latest update, it seems that things are disappearing. This is the second application that used to work and suddenly stopped after I made a change to it.

            Nick

            Comment


            • #7
              No Reinhard.

              The errors are not gone.

              I have tried a number of other things, and nothing has fixed the problem.

              Comment


              • #8
                @vrtisworks: that's serious. I have had a corrupted project once, but that was on 6. So far I haven't seen this problem. And I do a lot in 7 of migrated 6 applications. There's a sqlite database containing the settings. I would suggest you save/export projects and reinstall. Then reimport. This will import your application into the new sqlite database.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

                Comment

                Working...
                X