Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Characters Appear as Question Marks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Japanese Characters Appear as Question Marks

    Hi,

    I have a simple Grid application which is drawing data from a MySQL Table of customer data. The data all displays normally in the development environment, but when I deploy to the remote server, all of the Japanese characters are displayed as question marks. Details as follows:

    Server Side
    - MySQL; Table rows collated as 'utf8_general_ci'
    - Data displays normally in Firefox and Safari browsers in non-SC applications
    - Japanese characters in deployed SC application all display as question marks
    - Firefox Settings: View / Character Encoding / Unicode (UTF8) | Auto-Detect: Japanese

    Local Development Side
    - Same browser settings as above
    - Japanese characters display normally

    SC Development Environment:
    SC Version: 7.1

    DB Connection
    - MySQL
    - client_encoding = utf8

    Grid / Events / onScriptInit
    - sc_exec_sql("set names 'utf8'");

    _lib / lang / ja.lang.php
    - $this->Nm_lang['Nm_charset'] = "UTF-8";

    Tools / Locales / Languages / Messages
    - Japanese text in all messages displays correctly

    What am I missing?

    I had started to code this application myself from scratch, but came across ScriptCase and thought I'd give it a try. It looked great, so I bought it, but after looking through the forums for help on Japanese / UTF-8 issues, I'm beginning to wonder about the kind of support I can expect for problems like this. I need to be able to rely on this product to produce applications for customers.

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next to fix this problem?

    Thanks,

    Shawn

  • #2
    Originally posted by circle8 View Post
    What am I missing?
    Perhaps client encoding on production connection?
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

    I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

    Comment


    • #3
      In my post above, I noted that the DB connection client_encoding is set to utf8.
      Is there some other setting that I haven't listed?

      (In _lib / conf, there is a file called new_connection_conn_mysql - this file is zero bytes. Should it contain something?)
      Last edited by circle8; 10-22-2013, 09:26 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello,

        Have you tried to deploy to your development environment (instead of deploying to the remote server). Does the issue happens?

        regards,
        Bernhard Bernsmann

        Comment


        • #5
          I recompiled the project again and re-deployed, and it's working normally now. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but anyway, the problem is fixed, which is a great relief.

          Cheers,

          Shawn

          Comment


          • #6
            I had this problem, but I managed to fix my server! I configured everything to UTF-8

            Only exemple:

            Login: admin Password: admin

            http://macroerp.com.br/Islamic/app_Login/

            Comment


            • #7
              Glad you could solve it. Thanks for your feedback.

              regards,
              Bernhard Bernsmann

              Comment

              Working...
              X