data dictionary acting weird??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data dictionary acting weird??

I have several applications in my project. So I want to use multilanguage, being English (ISO8859-1) and nederlands (that is Dutch so ISO8859-15) where Nederlands is the default.
    Well that seems fine so far. So now I go to my datadictionary I open it and I see a 'Edit Data Dictionary: Digiform' which is the description of my project.
    I see a load of tables and I choose one table to make into a multi language version. For example: SCRIPTCASE.SC_DELEGATE appratenly my 3 fields
    have been given a label.
    I choose from my dictionary tables the mentioned table and choose the next button under synchronize applications.
    Then I get this window (see 2.jpg)

Of course typical for scriptcase there seems to be no valuable help. I see 2 forms on the left that aparently use that table and I see properties on the right that it wants to change. It is unclear how this exactly works but ok I choose Label (although it doesnt seem to make a difference what I choose).
    Then I click synchronize..
    I get a result:
    --- Processing start ---

Table: SCRIPTCASE.SC_DELEGATE
    Application: form_delegate
    Field: EMPLID_LEIDING - ok
    Field: EMPLID_DELEGATE - ok
    Field: SC_APPID - ok
    Field: SC_ROLEID - ok
    Field: DATE_FROM - ok
    Field: DATE_TO - ok
    Field: ACTIVE - ok
    Field: NR - ok
    Application: grid_delegate
    Field: EMPLID_LEIDING - ok
    Field: EMPLID_DELEGATE - ok
    Field: SC_APPID - ok
    Field: SC_ROLEID - ok
    Field: DATE_FROM - ok
    Field: DATE_TO - ok
    Field: ACTIVE - ok
    Field: NR - ok

--- Processing completed ---

I get a log that holds some text as well with before and after in it. That basically looks good...
    So that ought to be good..

So something like {lang_SCRIPTCASE.SC_DELEGATE_....} so far so good.
    So now I check my result so I go to the form that uses it. My form_deletate uses this table so it should be updated, so it was told in the log:
    Code:
    able: SCRIPTCASE.SC_DELEGATE
            Application: form_delegate
    Field		Label		Label (filter)
    EMPLID_LEIDING		Before	Medewerker	EMPLID LEIDING
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_LEIDING}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_LEIDING}
    EMPLID_DELEGATE		Before	Delegeert aan	EMPLID DELEGATE
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_DELEGATE}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_DELEGATE}
    SC_APPID		Before	Applicatie	SC APPID
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_APPID}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_APPID}
    SC_ROLEID		Before	Rol	SC ROLEID
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_ROLEID}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_ROLEID}
    DATE_FROM		Before	Datum van	DATE FROM
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_FROM}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_FROM}
    DATE_TO		Before	Datum tot	DATE TO
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_TO}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_TO}
    ACTIVE		Before	Actief	ACTIVE
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_ACTIVE}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_ACTIVE}
    NR		Before	NR	NR
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_NR}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_NR}
            Application: grid_delegate
    Field		Label		Label (filter)
    EMPLID_LEIDING		Before	Medewerker	EMPLID LEIDING
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_LEIDING}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_LEIDING}
    EMPLID_DELEGATE		Before	Delegeert aan medewerker	EMPLID DELEGATE
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_DELEGATE}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_EMPLID_DELEGATE}
    SC_APPID		Before	Applicatie	SC APPID
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_APPID}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_APPID}
    SC_ROLEID		Before	Rol	SC ROLEID
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_ROLEID}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_SC_ROLEID}
    DATE_FROM		Before	Datum van	DATE FROM
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_FROM}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_FROM}
    DATE_TO		Before	Datum tot	DATE TO
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_TO}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_DATE_TO}
    ACTIVE		Before	Actief	ACTIVE
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_ACTIVE}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_ACTIVE}
    NR		Before	NR	NR
    After	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_NR}	{lang_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE_fld_NR}
    I open my form_delegate and see all nice {lang...} labels... (see 3.jpg)
    So far so good (although often the above already fails in creating {lang_...} labels in many places!!).

Now I go to tools->locales->languages and I search for my table: tbl_SCRIPTCASE_SC_DELEGATE
    I find this but then what I see is basically very bad..... See 4.jpg
    I would have expected at least one column to not have the record name but the dutch label field. Now I LOST ALL MY LABELS from my single language version.

This smells like another serious bug.. Was this ever good?

Also in many cases it occrus that when a table is made multilanguage that the fieldlabels with it do NOT GET transformed to their {lang_...} version.....
    Can someone tell me how this exactly works properly? So far it just screws up everything!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Working...
    X