Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED]Problems with Spanish Character Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [SOLVED]Problems with Spanish Character Set

    The spanish special characters (tildes and ) appers to look okay on the development environment, but when i deploy my application to my linux godaddy server, the characters appers incorrectly, and if i insert a new record on my production environment the record appers to be fine, but if i take a look inside the MYSQL database, the table looks with strange characters. HELP ME PLEASE !!!!

  • #2
    Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

    One of the possibilities is that your database hasn't been created with utf8, but just 'simple'. This means that the diacrytic characters cannot be stored.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

      Exactly.

      Please see which collation you have set on your database.

      Make sure that you have set the same collation on the SC connections properties.

      regards,
      Bernhard Bernsmann

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

        Thank You Very Much !!!, Finally, i have done this, and worked, but i am on another problem.
        First a create a new database using utf8_spanish_ci
        Then on the edit connection option there is a option at the lower right called advanced.
        I choose latin1.

        And on the form creation i have choosen UTF8 spanish.

        And finally when i add a record i can see that on all aspects it shows the spanish characters ok, On the form, on the sql select with database builder and also on the production environment. Great !!!

        But, when i use an old table with thousands of records, the problem of the spanish characters continues going on.
        I suppose that there is a way to convert all those records on the new format, may you help please !!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

          The best way afik is to dump the old database with phpMysql and restore it into the new database. Within the dumpfile, you need to convert to the right charactersets. It's a burdon, but I realy don't know how to do the migration in another way.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

            Finally, i got a great solution on the onScriptinit event i haved used this line and works perfectly:
            sc_exec_sql("set names 'UTF8'");

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Problems with Spanish Character Set

              Yes, I should have known as I used it before :-( Sorry. But great that you have got it working :-)
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

              Comment

              Working...
              X