This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScriptCase 7.1 Discussion

I want to know how your experience with the new version and it's features is being. I saw some feedbacks on the site and had the idea to make users debate together and create a list of things they like or dislike in this version (considering the legacy of older versions too).

I'll be fowarding all the comments here to the company board.

http://www.frameworkphp.net/php/wp-c.../11/Ubarsc.jpg

Hi Henrique. Because of the many issues reported regarding 7.1 I was not able to upgrade. I simply cannot afford to break my current development and wait for issues being solved. Sorry. I'll contact you in skype regarding issues and current development. I'm busy with some people of the forum setting up a beta team. Contact Carlos for more details.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Good idea, is very necesary.

Comment

I too have not upgraded to latest version because I am concerned that I may break the project I am currently working on and simply do not have the time to deal with unforseen issues.

Is there an easy way to have 2 installations on same PC (My current version: 7.00.0018 and the latest version) so that I can run tests on latest version?

Looking forward to see when all problems have been solved.

Kevin
        Best regards,
        Kevin

Kevin Barham
        Promofinity.com

Comment

I update the new v7.1 and saw some change and I still using SC to do some dev work. Here's some I have seen.

1. You guys using the new look, such as menus and buttons, that's beautiful I have to say it. But why don't you supply the new look to the developers? You should pack the SC skins and buttons into the default themes. I mean it, the themes you provide in v6 and v7 are not so good.

2. The translation work IS NOT SO GOOD, and it's worth than v6. I can help you to do some translation verify work if necessary. Such as the "module-log" menu, the "log" you translate into Chinese like "wood chips" and that's REALLY weird and it's NOT CORRECT. there's also other words so weird and I feel really uncomfortable, so I use the English for default now. You should do it good and it's soooooo easy!

3. I know you update frequent recently, but you should give a CHANGELOG, I mean the functional change log, not just like "devel/class/generator/nmDados.class.php => update ok", you should tell everybody what to fix, and it should be always a menu item for that.

4. This is an old problem and it do exists: When create a project, and the language is Chinese(Republic of China), the default html charset you set to Chinese(EUC-CN). That's not correct and may course many many problems, the correct one is Unicode(UTF-8). That's more important for new users you know, if they don't change that the project will show strange characters.

5. The fileupload control, when using NON-ANSI characters as filename, it always failed, you should change the filename to ANSI code. And that's really not convenient; and also the drag-drop seems not work in IE?

Still using and I will post it if any other.

Saw a lot of post of @aducom and we feel almost the same: this is a great tool, but you really should make it better. for yourself, for resellers and for all users.

DON'T MISS THE CHANCE.

Comment

When using Google Chrome browser, click "New Application" button and on the screen, almost all drop-down list have no response for mouse click. You should use the keyboard to switch items, or switch to Firefox or IE.

That's not a new problem. It exists in every version since v7.

Originally posted by scriptcasechina View Post
            I update the new v7.1 and saw some change and I still using SC to do some dev work. Here's some I have seen.

1. You guys using the new look, such as menus and buttons, that's beautiful I have to say it. But why don't you supply the new look to the developers? You should pack the SC skins and buttons into the default themes. I mean it, the themes you provide in v6 and v7 are not so good.

2. The translation work IS NOT SO GOOD, and it's worth than v6. I can help you to do some translation verify work if necessary. Such as the "module-log" menu, the "log" you translate into Chinese like "wood chips" and that's REALLY weird and it's NOT CORRECT. there's also other words so weird and I feel really uncomfortable, so I use the English for default now. You should do it good and it's soooooo easy!

3. I know you update frequent recently, but you should give a CHANGELOG, I mean the functional change log, not just like "devel/class/generator/nmDados.class.php => update ok", you should tell everybody what to fix, and it should be always a menu item for that.

4. This is an old problem and it do exists: When create a project, and the language is Chinese(Republic of China), the default html charset you set to Chinese(EUC-CN). That's not correct and may course many many problems, the correct one is Unicode(UTF-8). That's more important for new users you know, if they don't change that the project will show strange characters.

5. The fileupload control, when using NON-ANSI characters as filename, it always failed, you should change the filename to ANSI code. And that's really not convenient; and also the drag-drop seems not work in IE?

Still using and I will post it if any other.

Saw a lot of post of @aducom and we feel almost the same: this is a great tool, but you really should make it better. for yourself, for resellers and for all users.

DON'T MISS THE CHANCE.

Comment

@scriptcasechina

Your post is now directed to the company board. Thank you! I also sent an e-mail to you. Please check it out.

Comment

Hi. I am glad you posted this here... I too am not going to upgrade yet to 7.1 as I have a big system I am rolling out that has over 300 apps. I do not want to introduce bugs at this point, so I am still on SC6.

I have asked this before in the forum, but I do not think it has been worked on:
                Please inprove the deploy system - I periodically increment and deploy using zip deploy. Just to get a clean deploy package. It works great. However, as I am developing, I usually use the ftp deploy. I do that for 1 or 2 apps at a time, as I change things and use the ftp deploy to my test server. Usually it works fine, BUT I have the issues/suggestions, as someone who uses SC many hours each day and deploys dozens of times:
                1) The ftp sometimes dies and then I will wait a long time and get a ton of red error messages - I better ftp or SFTP , with automatic retries would be best
                2) I have to carefully (but quickly) click to check and uncheck settings (I never do the SCC and common library stuff as ftp - too slow) and also to set my FTP server and folder... why can't those settings be saved in SC , so it remembers those for any of my projects???????
                3) If you do ftp deploy, it would save time if when you regenerate 1 or more apps, it just assumed you wanted to to also ftp deploy. That would save having to go thru a long list of apps and sometimes make a mistake and forget to deploy one.

It is so close to being terrific. I hope that helps you make some more changes to SC. In general I love using SC... I just need better assurance that the new releases will not kill me. I can't afford to deploy a production system with more unknow introduced errors.

Thanks,
                Jamie
                Last edited by onmountain; 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I upgraded to SC 7.01 and i can say that at this point 7.01.0004
                  i dont have any problem and is stable for my projects.
                  Last edited by hirambq; 08-17-2013, 10:25 PM.
                  Best Regards
                  Hiram BQ

Comment

The major issue remains: whenever you upgrade you have to wait and see and... there's no easy way back. (Except creating backups of course).
                    Albert Drent

Comment

@onmountain

I am sending two of your requests as "Suggestions" as they are not issues with available funcionalities. The other one (first one) will be submitted to development team as a major issue with FTP deployment.

@aducom

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                      The major issue remains: whenever you upgrade you have to wait and see and... there's no easy way back. (Except creating backups of course).
                      This post gave me some ideas. I'll talk with development team and make some requests.

I'll update this topic with the answers as soon as possible.

Comment

I'm using SC7.0 because I have problems (already reported) with my projects using 7.1. I understand that there's always the possibility to have bugs in new released features, I can deal with it...but what I can not stand is that what was working just fine in 7.0 doesn't work in 7.1. It kind of scares me when SC does an update rather than being excited, because to enjoy the new features I have to check that everything else works fine.

Comment

That's something that needs to be adressed soon after all the bugfixes are done. For me in person I would like to see SC stop creating new features and start to make their buglist as short as possible (which is none of course).
                          Albert Drent

Comment

Thank you Henrique,
                            It is nice to have someone acknowledge and pass on these to the appropriate people. The FTP would be really great if it would just do a retry and not bomb out with errors. It works many times and then will do that. I do not think it is a lack of connection, like an internet drop out, as I am always running PUTTY or WINSCP to establish an SSH tunnel. This tunnel is for connecting to my MySQL DB as localhost, when testing SC apps on my local PC. Of course, both those open source products have various methods of reconnecting and keeping connections alive, not to mention that the are all SSH I know there is code out there that you could integrate into SC for this. I just do not like to have to jump out of SC to do a SFTP with WinSCP, as it adds steps to the deploy process. If SC just worked smoothly, it would be terrific!

I also concur with Albert - that SC should focus on the current slate of issues, before adding anything. It would be nice to have a way to followup on any progress or decisions made too.

Tell the SC programmers thanks form me for working on all these suggestions
                            Peace,
                            Jamie

Comment

a little help

Hi All of You and Happy to join in. I'm new to scriptcase and I'm using v 7.1 and tried to make connection to ms access and its working
                              The problem is when I tried to connect to ODBC, I followed the instructions and got [Connection Error,odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect].
                              I'm tring to connect to dbase file that is connected to other files in ArcMap with dbf extension, I tried all kind of dbf in adminstrative tools odbc and when trying to connect I got the same answer. I don't know what is wrong. could any one help me or give me some extra instruction to be able to connect to my dbf database.
                              Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X