Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm loosing my first customers ...

Hello,

I'm now working with scriptcase for some years.
    But more and more I hear that my customers are not happy with the old fashioned looking layout of this software.

I think there are two different point of views.

a) I work in a bureau. I don't need amazing styles and a lot of pictures.. I have to work on tables .. the software
    must be fast and easy to use ... For this SC ist just the best software

b) I have to represent my office in the web and my customers are working on my internet platform.
    SC has few options to create good looking web pages !! You can't sell anything in the web if your
    presentation on web is not looking good.

I now lost my first customers who changed to another company because that what I could offer with SC was
    not enough !!

In my opinion SC must work hard to improve the appearence of the application.
    It's really looking like a software 5 years ago .... this is not the way pages are presented on web today !!
    I have nearly no possibilities to make the web page more interesting.

If I loose again customers... SC will loose me ..

Best regard
    Uwe Pfeiffer

But whats the problem exactly? You can change header & footer configuration, control over CSS, buttons and so on. to give it the look you want.

About b) I'm not totally agree. SC is a tool to create Web Applications, not websites. And I don't understand exactly where SC don't looks good, or what in SC you can't change to look it better.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Helo,

for example : have a look at www.verivox.de a web application.
      I wonder how to create such an application with SC....
      the screen is divided into several parts with different contents .... this way a web site should look.

The static grids and forms have no the possibility to do so.

Best regards
      Uwe

Comment

Well, the site you link I don't see it as a Web app, but a website with some web apps integrated.

In SC you don't have just grids and forms,you have container and blank Apps too.

Said that, for a site like this, combination of technologies is needed IMHO. You can construct this front page with blank apps, but a lot of custom code is needed, custom code you can save using a CMS. I would use a CMS like Joomla for frontend and SC for backend. If you want to show on frontend SC apps, you can with iframes. All CMS has this option.

The "Die güngstigsten Tarife" block can be Developed otherwise on SC, but obviously you need some css skills.

Conclusión for me is. As I mentioned, SC is for web applications, not for content management. Its possible to develop a web like this just with SC? Yes. Its worth? No. Alternatives? Combinación of CMS for frontend and SC for data management in backend and some apps customized to be showed in frontend if needed. What CMS to use? IT depends on your need and taste. Aducom likes e107, I work with Joomla and Drupal.

Just my 2 cents.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
          Well, the site you link I don't see it as a Web app, but a website with some web apps integrated.

In SC you don't have just grids and forms,you have container and blank Apps too.

Said that, for a site like this, combination of technologies is needed IMHO. You can construct this front page with blank apps, but a lot of custom code is needed, custom code you can save using a CMS. I would use a CMS like Joomla for frontend and SC for backend. If you want to show on frontend SC apps, you can with iframes. All CMS has this option.

The "Die güngstigsten Tarife" block can be Developed otherwise on SC, but obviously you need some css skills.

Conclusión for me is. As I mentioned, SC is for web applications, not for content management. Its possible to develop a web like this just with SC? Yes. Its worth? No. Alternatives? Combinación of CMS for frontend and SC for data management in backend and some apps customized to be showed in frontend if needed. What CMS to use? IT depends on your need and taste. Aducom likes e107, I work with Joomla and Drupal.

Just my 2 cents.
          Oh, I work with WP too ;-) But I must agree on this as I have been posting my (similar) opinion here before. We too are working with SC for a couple of years now and I see the opposite movement. Use the tools where they are good at. If you only have a hammer then every screw will become a nail we say.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hello
            I will try with jscriptcase... maybe that's my solution...

Thanks
            Uwe

Comment

Pfeiffer,

I have the same thoughts about the overall look and feel. I'm impressed with the out-of-the-box functionality of SC but I'm equally unimpressed with the current layouts. I am currently evaluating SC but the look and feel is really hold me back. Something that is bugging me is why SC does not have a basic structure or layout for a full fledged application. SC calls what I would consider modules (grid, chart, form, etc...) applications and that just makes things more confusing. I don't consider a form or grid by itself an application. What I consider an application is the collection of grids, forms, charts all nicely integrated into a basic layout. That is what seems to be missing from SC.

As a potential customer, I think SC should consider adding a layout module that would allow all of the independent 'applicatons' to be integrated into. For example, it makes more sense to create all of my grids and forms and then put them inside a basic layout that would have a horizontal menu above and tabs below. Perhaps SC can do that now but if so please do show me how. I've watched most of your videos (which are very nice) but none that show me how to integrate all of my 'applications'. I'm stuck here and if I cant come up with something that makes me happy then I will probably stop considering SC.

Comment

Originally posted by joselvelez View Post
                Pfeiffer,

I have the same thoughts about the overall look and feel. I'm impressed with the out-of-the-box functionality of SC but I'm equally unimpressed with the current layouts. I am currently evaluating SC but the look and feel is really hold me back. Something that is bugging me is why SC does not have a basic structure or layout for a full fledged application. SC calls what I would consider modules (grid, chart, form, etc...) applications and that just makes things more confusing. I don't consider a form or grid by itself an application. What I consider an application is the collection of grids, forms, charts all nicely integrated into a basic layout. That is what seems to be missing from SC.

As a potential customer, I think SC should consider adding a layout module that would allow all of the independent 'applicatons' to be integrated into. For example, it makes more sense to create all of my grids and forms and then put them inside a basic layout that would have a horizontal menu above and tabs below. Perhaps SC can do that now but if so please do show me how. I've watched most of your videos (which are very nice) but none that show me how to integrate all of my 'applications'. I'm stuck here and if I cant come up with something that makes me happy then I will probably stop considering SC.
                What you call an application, is called a project in Scriptcase terms. I had to get used to that too as I agree on your definition. To SC every php module is an application. What's in a name ;-)

Regarding your second question, there are a lot of movies to watch to see how things are done. On our own site you can find some more and it's more about creating an application (project). But SC is bound to certain limitations. If you look at

http://www.aducomportal.nl/p1.png or http://www.aducomportal.nl/p2.png you see samples of an application we build which does look good (in our eyes) although it's a matter of taste. But if you think you can create fully aware website with all the whisles and bells then you cannot realize that with Scriptcase and I doubt if there's a generating tool on the market that can... That's why we regularly use a cms to host the application in. In general you should use tools at what they are good at. If you want full control you need to go back to the bone. Pure html/css and/or php
                Last edited by aducom; 06-10-2014, 11:43 AM.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Albert,

Thanks for the links to additional videos. I'll will check those out.

Jose

Comment

Working...
                  X