No announcement yet.

sc_exec_sql - not working ?!?!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc_exec_sql - not working ?!?!

I'm trying to update one table with data from another.
    I want to get a default checklist depending on the type of check.
    I thought (I know) that I could use sc_exec_sql macro to do this but I'm getting the following message no matter what!

The sql (Which works nicely when executed in Mysql) I want to execute is:
    SET foreign_key_checks = 0;
    INSERT INTO proj_rev_checklist (proj_rev_def_list_proj_rev_def_list_id, proj_proj_id)
    SELECT proj_rev_def_list_proj_rev_def_list_id, 1
    FROM proj_rev_def_list_has_proj_rev_type WHERE proj_rev_type_proj_rev_type_id = 1;
    SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Now I have deleted everything and I only have the below in my form under events 'OnScriptInit' ...

$sqlstring1 = "";

$sqlstring2 = "";

$sqlstring3 = "";

* This macro execute SQL commands passed as parameter or a SQL command in the SQL field action type.

It returns the following error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\beta\form _projects\form_projects_apl.php on line 2335

I need to make sure this is not a bug and if not could someone please give me a direction on what could be the issue :-)

Thanks ...

I've tried it with and without semicolon at the end of the SQL.

Check the mentioned generated line BEFORE... So on line 2335. You can do that by using view_source. You will see that the line contains en error there...

C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\beta\form _projects\form_projects_apl.php on line 2335

Solution found (might be a workaround) anyway mission accomplished.

I've moved the sc_exec_sql statement to the 'programming' -> 'PHP Methods', and then I call the function from the event.

... and now it's working :-))

If the code you posted is the code on your event, then you are missing the semicolons after sc_exec_sql() to end the line.

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions