Dynamically Setting Form Styles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamically Setting Form Styles

The macro "sc_field_style" gives us the ability to change grid styles during events, however it doesn't work for forms.

How do I change field styles on a form?

It doesn't really make much sense that this only works for grids, but not forms.

-Thanks for any advice.

Yes you are right. But it's fairly simple to do that using javascript. If you google this forum then you will find much samples. One sample can be found here:

http://scriptcase.aducom.com/cms/e10....php?0.cat.6.7
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I've actually found this example before, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I created a php method called coloration() which contains the following code:

Code:
      $field = 'OrderStatus';
      $color = 'red';
      print "In color.";
      if({OrderStatus} > 5)
      {
      	$color = 'green';
      }
      sc_ajax_javascript('set_color',array($field,$color));
      I put the coloration() method in my OnLoad event like the forum suggested. Then I created a javascript method with 2 input paramaters and the following code:

Code:
      document.F1[field].style.backgroundColor = color;

Comment

Alright, so I found out why it wasn't working. Apparently the field name must be lowercase, despite the field name having capitalized letters in the development environment. Once I changed the field variable from OrderStatus to orderstatus, it worked!

Comment

It's not working in situation when i want change color of field in multiple rows detail form in master/detail form

Comment

Working...
          X