No announcement yet.

Using the function Convert v6 -> v7 when both version is on different machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the function Convert v6 -> v7 when both version is on different machines

I have v6 installed on a Window 7 PC with several projects created.

I just downloaded the v7 mac os-x version and installed it on a MacBook Air.

I would like to migrate my v6 projects to my v7 environment. When I use the Convert v6 -> v7 in the v7 environment, it asked for Scriptcase version 6 path. how should i enter this parameter? I tried all possible but it keep telling me path incorrect.

I tried installing v7 window version on the same machine of my v6, i managed to run the convert v6 - v7, but the licence is demo, it does not allow me to export the conversion or back it up so that i can import to my licenced v7 on my Mac.

Both Mac (v7) and Window (v6) is on the same network.

Hello,

Please contact our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Well it seems that i no longer have support available to me unless I buy the service.

Comment

Hello,

Due to the issue you are facing (converting), you can get support for free. Just log out from our site, go to support, and get support as a trial user.

regards,
        Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

leatheric,

If the Windows box can make it a Shared Folder, you could mount it on the Air. I forget where OS/X mounts shares... /Volumes/ I think....

Another possibility is to just copy the whole directory someplace over to the Air.

Nick

Comment

how migrate all sc v6 projects (store applications and config ) to sc v7?
            I'll try with Options/Settings/Service/Restore. I could not in Linux.

Comment

Osotillo,

In order to migrate projects, "restoring" a SC 6 project in SC 7 will not work. You have to convert SC 6 project to SC 7.

Please see our tutorial: http://www.scriptcase.net/v7_tutorial/

Obviously if you have already installed SC 7, you can simply skip those steps.

regards,
              Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Working...
              X